Paul Hastings is a leading international law firm that provides innovative legal solutions to many of the world's top financial institutions and Fortune Global 500 companies. With a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S., we have the global reach and extensive capabilities to provide personalized service wherever our clients' needs take us. As one of the world's leading law firms, we seek dynamic individuals who share our commitment to service, innovation, and professional growth.
We have an exciting opening for a Senior Practice Manager.
The Senior Practice Manager will support the leaders of assigned corporate practices at the Firm. The Senior Practice Manager will work alongside the designated Practice/Department Chairs and other business operations departments (i.e., Finance, Talent, Business Development, Practice Innovation, IT, Communications, etc.) to ensure operational efficiency, develop, drive, and execute their strategic plan, provide and manage financial insights, handle work allocation and staffing, support client value initiatives, and otherwise support the practice's business needs and operations. As a trusted advisor and "chief of staff" to the practice leaders, the Senior Practice Manager is a highly collaborative self-starter, with demonstrated experience, confidence, and professionalism in communicating with partners, management, and timekeepers at all levels of the organization.
The Senior Practice Manager will report to the chairs of their assigned practice group(s) with a reporting line to the head of Practice Management, sitting within the Practice Innovation Department.
In this capacity, the Senior Practice Manager will:
- Collaborate with PG Chairs, partners, other business operations departments, and other stakeholders to facilitate the development and relentless execution of Practice Group strategic plans with clear and achievable goals focused on revenue, profitability, headcount, reputation, brand awareness, profile and competitive differentiation;
- Collaborate with Finance Department to analyze Practice Group financials and other key performance indicators to stay on top of all timekeeper hours, performance trends, and overall practice revenue, providing actionable insights towards the management of the Practice;
- Collaborate with Talent Department to manage a productive workforce where: work assignments are provided efficiently and equitably; opportunities are allocated in accordance with Practice Group and individual development goals; performance issues are identified early and addressed; and Practice Group size is adjusted to meet projected workflow demands;
- Collaborate with business operations departments to facilitate and coordinate lateral attorney onboarding efforts;
- Manage the daily execution of business needs / operations of the assigned Practice Groups, including developing and managing the Practice operations budget, establishing a consistent framework for Practice Group meetings and communications, supporting Firm processes like billing and collections, matter intake and matter type classifications, and follow-up on initiatives / action items, etc.;
- Enhance the experience for top clients by serving as a point of contact for the in-house legal operations team to improve the overall engagement and efficient delivery of legal services;
- Collaborate regularly with colleagues in Practice Innovation and across other administrative departments to continue to drive efficiencies, process improvement, and innovation throughout the Practice Groups and across the Firm; and
- Support Practice Chairs with the daily operations of the group, including preparing for PG meetings and retreats.
In addition, the Senior Practice Manager will be expected to have:
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills; the ability to develop and successfully execute comprehensive project and operational plans from broadly stated objectives;
- Proven experience driving continuous improvement and innovation in business operations, technology, infrastructure, and practices in a complex, matrixed, global professional services;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with lawyers and staff at all levels of the organization and to regularly handle sensitive and confidential information;
- Advanced understanding of business operations and proficiency in financial performance metrics;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Visio;
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including ability to plan and facilitate at group and individual levels;
- Ability to handle a wide variety of responsibilities and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to solve problems and provide solutions, take initiative, and work independently in high-pressure situations;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated confidence and competence in dealing with individuals in leadership positions; and
- Strong work ethic and desire to lead and achieve at a high standard of excellence.
- A minimum of ten years serving as a practicing lawyer or business professional with an emphasis on practice management and operations (required);
- Experience working with corporate transactional practice preferred, specifically related to Investment Funds, Financial Restructuring, and Infrastructure and Energy; and
- Bachelor's degree (required), JD or MBA highly preferred.
Employees will be provided with an excellent career opportunity in a collaborative environment, in addition to a generous total compensation package with the opportunity to earn bonuses based on individual contribution and firm profitability.
Eligible employees can participate in the Firm's comprehensive benefits program, which include the following:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Long Term Care, and Short and Long Term Disability
- Voluntary 401k plan and profit sharing
- 10 paid holidays per year, and a generous PTO program
- Family Support including Paid Parental Leave and Fertility coverage
- Bright Horizons (Back-up child care, elder care and online tutoring)
- Dependent Care
- Wellness programs (Employee Assistance Program, mental health and well-being events)
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- Professional Development Programs
- Transportation Allowance and Commuter Benefits
- Auto/Home/Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- And more!
The Firm has a range of diversity initiatives including our Paul Hastings Affinity Networks (PHANs), Women's Initiative, and PH Balanced. These initiatives provide a firmwide forum to share experiences, as well as an opportunity to participate in a supportive network with common interests to help make life at the firm more inclusive. Learn more about our Global Diversity, Inclusion and Wellness Initiatives .
Paul Hastings LLP is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.