DSA is seeking a highly skilled Network Engineer at Fort Detrick, MD. The Network Engineer will play a crucial role in providing technical leadership and support for the planning, design, and implementation of physical and logical communications solutions with network-wide impact. Your primary responsibility will be to administer and secure network infrastructure components, including switches, routers, and firewalls, for a TCP/IP based network. You will work closely with the team, customers, and vendors to understand and address data communications requirements effectively.
- Active TS/SCI clearance or SSBI
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field desired
- Security+ or 8570 equivalent
- Cisco: CCNA, CCNP Certification
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive network engineering experience supporting Cisco products
- Strong experience in IP addressing, VPN configuration, and remote access support
- Experience with building, migrating, and upgrading firewalls and switches across LAN and WAN configurations. This includes maintaining build documents, network drawings, and data flow diagrams.
- Implementation of related federal security standards in production environments
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Professional attitude and commitment to providing high-quality service
- High reliability and dependability
- Conduct thorough packet analysis and identify hardware, software, networking, or other technical changes required to restore service and meet operational requirements.
- Identify the root cause of network issues and take corrective actions. Update documentation and provide written recommendations to prevent recurring problems.
- Proactively monitor the network's performance and recommend improvements while resolving or preventing potential problems.
- Verify that the LAN and all network equipment adhere to configuration management and security standards in accordance with Federal mandates.
- Collaborate with the Team Lead, offering recommendations and exploring options to improve system performance and overall security standards.
- Utilize Cisco networking knowledge to enhance network operations and support.
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot VPNs, VLANs, firewalls, network monitoring tools, and tunnels.
- Familiarity with Taclane devices, including the GEMONE management application.
Many of DSA's positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. DSA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. DSA is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. DSA requires background checks, where permitted, by law. DSA is an E-Verify Employer.
DSA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with Federal, state, and local laws, we recruit, hire, promote, and evaluate all personnel without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. We provide equal opportunity for the development and advancement of all employees and to engage in these and all other company-sponsored activities without unlawful discrimination of any type, whether on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or U.S. military or veteran status. Job applicants and current employees are evaluated solely on job-related qualifications and experience.