The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is looking for a qualified Clinical Studies Support Scientist-Laboratory Manager to support our government customer located in Fort Detrick, Maryland.
***In addition to the proposed salary, the selected candidate will receive a one (1) time sign-on bonus in the amount of $5,000.00.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and manage electronic databases for viral stocks, kits, lab wares etc.
- Manage laboratory equipment, servicing, calibrations, and maintenance
- Ensure adequate supply of laboratory needs, project equipment needs, organize and store all chemicals and laboratory reagents according to safety requirements and manage laboratory waste following the NIH procedures Manage and maintain team laboratory inventories
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance department in development, revision, and maintenance of institution approved SOPs and protocols
- Deploy to international locations for up to six months (cumulative up to three months) per year to provide laboratory support for clinical trials, research studies, and outbreak preparedness/response activities.
- Provide laboratory support for studies, which may include screening of medical countermeasures for efficacy in vitro and in vivo but may extend to disciplines related to virology.
- Generate high quality interim and final study reports and develop them for timely publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Actively participate in practices/processes to enhance data quality and integrity including periodic review of study execution to identify gaps and refine procedures.
- Develop and implement training and cross-training programs to assure continuity of operations and scientific core activities.
- Comply with the NIH Division of Occupational Health and Safety requirement for satisfactory completion of the Biosurety program and Select Agent program.
- Play a role in ensuring that the Biosurety program promotes a security conscious culture.
- Comply with the physical security, protection of the division's property, protection of information, cyber security, select agent protection, control and accountability, safe disposal and waste handling, and personal security guidelines set forth by the division's Biosurety program.
Masters level degree in biological sciences with four years of relevant experience or baccalaureate level degree in biological sciences with eight years of relevant experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have professional experience in virology, molecular biology, immunology, or public health.
- Must have four years of specialized training in research.
- Ability to obtain/maintain DOJ Security Risk Assessment approval.
- Must be willing to be immunized with licensed and FDA approved Investigational New Drugs recommended for persons at risk for occupational exposure to biological agents.
- Must be willing to participate in periodic drug screening.
- Must have the ability to obtain/maintain certification in Chemical Personnel Reliability Program and/or Biological Personnel Reliability Program.
- Must have the ability to obtain/maintain CDC Select Agent Program approval.
- Ability to work under BSL-4 conditions.
- Able to wear respiratory protection.
- Demonstrate interpersonal, oral and written communication, and organizational skills.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience working in a BSL-4 environment.
- Experience with viral Select Agents.
- Previous international field research experience in virology, immunology, molecular biology or public health.
- Familiarity with use of clinical laboratory instrumentation, testing and standards.
- Good Clinical Laboratory Practice experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of laboratory information management systems.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently, design experiments, and analyze data.
- French language proficiency.
REQUIRED CITIZENSHIP AND CLEARANCE:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to meet the requirements for Individual must be able to meet the requirements for T3 level investigation.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries. Eligible employees enjoy a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 11 paid holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kpono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit