The MIL Corporation is seeking a Grants Analysis, Analyst to work with a Federal Client in Washington, DC.
- Work primarily with the Grants Officers (GOs) and Program Officers (POs) to ensure efficient and accurate communication with grantees, including setting up and organizing meetings between GOs, POs, and grantees, as well as, communicating with the grantee during the pre-award, post-award, and closeout phases on behalf of POs and GOs, as directed;
- Support the award facilitation process by providing timely and effective budget negotiation services and award (or amendment) documentation preparation;
- Assist GOs and POs with the development and management of awards incorporating goals and evaluation schedules;
- Assist GOs and POs in executing all award actions, which includes facilitating grantees access to the SAMS Domestic System and payment authorizations in the Payment Management System, providing support in award file management and in the award closeout process; and
- Perform final review of completed awards, making appropriate adjustments or disallowances.
- Obtain the Federal Assistance Agreement folders (paper or electronic);
- Calculate indirect costs, where applicable, using expenditures reported on all Financial Status Reports and final indirect cost rates for each fiscal year;
- Prepare amendment to the award indicating any adjustments resulting from "funds paid" to the recipient and determined "approved allowable costs;"
- Prepare closing cover letter to the recipient seeking agreement with the final determination of costs;
- Prepare clearing document(s) for the Federal Assistance Agreement;
- Prepare closing checklist(s) in SAMS Domestic for the Federal Assistance Agreement;
- Reconcile obligation balances to PMS, SAMS Domestic and GFMS status of obligations. If all balances match in all three systems, the agreements are ready for closeout; and
- Attach copies of the closing documents to the agreements folder and return to the appropriate agency official.
- Some travel may be required in support of partner site visits.
- Experience with managing and auditing grants as well as performing grant closings
- Ability to analyze program data and evaluate written documents to support award negotiations as well as monitoring performance
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of Federal Assistance regulations, policies and process
- Proficiency with information systems supporting financial and/or procurement processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools including Excel, Word, Teams, Outlook, Power BI
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination
- Knowledgeable of GAAP, OMB Circular A-133, or 2 CFR 200 standards
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
MIL is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you. Whether you're fresh out of college or the military or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be right for you.
Here at The MIL Corporation, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here, and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2020, 2019, 2018, & 2017 Top Workplaces Award, The Washington Post (Washington, D.C.)
- 2020, 2017 Top Workplace Award, Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine (South Carolina)
- 2019 & 2018 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, The MIL Corporation welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.