Job Title: Lab Technician
Company Intro: TTM Technologies, Inc. - Publicly Traded US Company, NASDAQ (TTMI) - Top-5 Global Printed Circuit Board Manufacturer
Come join an innovative team making a difference to our customers and partners in the Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Computing, Industrial & Instrumentation, Networking & Communications, and Medical industries. TTM Technologies, Inc. is a leading global printed circuit board manufacturer, focusing on quick-turn and volume production of technologically advanced PCBs, backplane assemblies and electro-mechanical solutions as well as a global designer and manufacturer of high-frequency radio frequency (RF) and microwave components and assemblies. We strive for an environment of excellence where you are encouraged to think creatively and innovatively in order to develop a professional future centered on growth and opportunity.
We are passionate about growing our business and place a high priority on team work, communication and collaboration! If you can see yourself as an integral part of the TTM team, then explore our career opportunities and apply today!
Lab Technician is responsible to analyze cross-section specimens to determine reliability status of production lots. This individual will prepare laboratory reports to be submitted for customer review. Maintain a safe, neat and orderly work place. Maintain work area in a clean, safe and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations. Complete all internal departmental documentation accurately. Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate cross section samples in accordance with customer specifications, IPC and Mil specs
- Generate cross section lab report and issue NCMR for non-conforming products
- Prep micro section sample coupons including: baking, cutting, mounting, grinding, and polishing specimens
- Perform solderability and steam age testing
- Support Final QC in conforming with customer cross section requirements for shipping
- Must meet all department quality and throughput requirements as well as follow all company policies and procedures
- Must be flexible in working in various departments as needed and support overtime needs
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge in PWB acceptance criteria in accordance with IPC and Military specifications
- Experienced in IPC 6012 and 6013, Mil specs 31032, 55110, 50884 current amendments, J-STD-003 and applicable printed circuit industry standards
- Familiar with microsectioning techniques per IPC-TM 650
- Ability to read and interpret customer blue print and specification
- Must know computer data entry and microscope operation
- Must be familiar with microscope and laboratory procedures in manufacturing environment
- Printed circuit board related experience preferred
Education and Experience:
- High School or equivalent work experience in cross section preparation and analysis
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of micro section analysis experience
Total Rewards Information:
At TTM you will be joining a team that spans across nearly 20 facilities in North America that are bringing game-changing electronics to the market. As a teammate we are dedicated to providing opportunities that help you excel and reach your potential, so join us in our commitment to excellence and be part of the team that is Building the Future.
Listed below are some of the many benefits that TTM offers our teammates. Benefits are available on the first of the month following date of hire based on plan eligibility.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, including Telehealth support
- Company paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contribution, or Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Wellness Incentive Programs with company deposits into HSA Account
- Critical Care, Accident, and Hospital Indemnity options in addition to Legal Insurance and Pet Insurance
- PTO Program (15 days, annual accrual)
- 8 Company Holidays with an additional 2 floating holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) match program with immediate vesting
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- Annual compensation review
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Cross training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for courses related to TTM's business - up to $12,000 per year
- Annual performance reviews
Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation; c) understand and follow authorization procedures for bringing foreign visitors into facilities (VAL); d) understand the Export and ITAR requirements for shipments leaving the US; e) manage vendor approvals for ITAR manufacturing and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.