When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
The Security Services Advisor (SSA) organization oversees all aspects of the delivery of Verizon's managed security solutions to maximize client benefit. The SSA's primary goal is to aggregate and analyze security incident, vulnerability, and threat data for unusual and interesting patterns, communicate these trends to the customer, and provide actionable intelligence and recommendations based on the threat data. The SSA's goal is also to develop and maintain the client relationship, ensuring client satisfaction and full use of the security solutions Verizon is provides to its clients. The SSA drives greater value towards the Managed Security Service (MSS) and Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services by providing additional security analysis, risk advisories, industry trend tracking, vulnerability assessment reporting, and service reporting above and beyond SOC services over the lifecycle of the client contract.
- Provide recommendations using consultative analysis to assist clients in making decisions to improve overall security program.
- Incorporate risk quantification (using threat likelihood, implementation state, and business impact variables) into client-facing reporting.
- Prioritize remediation efforts based on business need, compliance need, and/or risk reduction need.
- Analyze discovery scan data and vulnerability data to determine unusual use configurations, discovery of aged software, and proper identification of high-severity vulnerabilities as well as provide overall trend analysis.
- Work directly with clients to analyze and assess true and false positive findings and/or downgrade certain vulnerabilities based on Verizon Risk Intelligence.
- Define action plans that that take advantage of existing people, processes, and technologies, are easy to implement, and effective at reducing risk.
- Develop and create Executive Briefings which illustrate Implementation/Operational score, Threat and/or Vulnerability score, trending details, and may include high-level action plans.
- Monitors change activity, including device feature and maintenance release upgrades as well as vulnerability patches.
- Provide training and information to clients and internal teams on the security portal and services.
- Maintain client specific documentation in the designated CMDB, Wiki pages, Operational Playbooks, and document repositories.
- Advocate for the client and spearhead the development of extra or new and non-standard functionality within the Verizon product and service portfolio in the interest of the client.
- Monitor and audit the service implementation phase, ensuring service implementation is meeting or exceeding contractually obligated timelines and client needs and expectations, as well as meeting operational support requirements (Ready For Service (RFO - start billing and Ready for Operations - start of SLA, activities and checklists).
- Ensures that the service is delivered as described in the Service Description (SD) and Service Level Agreement (SLA) per contract.
Where You'll Work:
This position is mostly work from home, with occasional days in the office as necessary.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience in the Information Security field in a client-facing role, such as security services advisor, consultant, analyst, engineer, or project manager.
- Experience with networking and network security technologies such as Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Proxies, Content Filtering, Application security, SIEM and log monitoring/management, Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), DDoS, Cloud Security, Vulnerability Management, Risk and Compliance.
- Experience analyzing log data, threat data, and threat intelligence information to interpret, and communicate derived meaning to client with recommendations for risk mitigation strategies.
- Experience communicating technical issues to various levels of personnel, including analysts, engineers, management and C-level executives.
- Experience creating custom reports using advanced MS Excel functions, including pivot tables, macros, enhanced formulas.
- Experience with crisis management setting customer expectations where applicable.
- Ability to travel as required - Travel demand will/can include external functions including visits to customers, sales offices, industry events; estimated at less than 25% overnight travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in the Information Technology, Information Assurance, or related fields preferred.
- Six or more years of experience in security operations, engineering or other technical role within network security, particularly in a client facing role.
- Network Security certifications (CISSP, C|EH, Security+, SANS, ISACA, Vendor Certificates).
- Project management training/certification.
- Quality Management (ITIL, Six Sigma, TQM) training/certifications.
- Strong analytical skills, technical writing skills, and communication skills.
- Understands service management and quality management practices.
- Works well in team environment and as a sole contributor - a self-starter who does not need daily direction.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.