Sr. Systems Analyst II - IT Commercial Project Delivery
Alkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company developing innovative medicines in the fields of neuroscience and oncology. The company has a portfolio of proprietary commercial products focused on addiction and schizophrenia, and a pipeline of product candidates in development for schizophrenia, bipolar I disorder, neurodegenerative disorders and cancer. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts; a research and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio.
Alkermes is seeking an experienced IT Sr. Systems Analyst II within the Project Delivery group of IT. This individual will be responsible for delivery of IT solutions and applications across Commercial functions, which includes Sales Operations, Marketing, Market Access, Patient Access Services with some involvement with Medical Affairs. The ideal candidate will have subject matter expertise in key Commercial applications and experience in analyzing business needs, defining detailed requirements, partnering with 3rd party vendors, managing integrations, system documentation and change control processes.
The role will be based in Waltham MA in an in-office hybrid schedule.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Partner with business stakeholders and 3rd party vendors to design and implement Commercial system solutions for key business initiatives, particularly with Veeva CRM
- Refine requirements using interviews and workshops, document analysis and business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Develop or oversee creation and maintenance of design documents, SOPs, test scripts, user acceptance testing, cut-over plans, change control and other relevant deliverables for various IT systems in the Commercial domain
- Ensure effective transition of documentation, knowledge transfer, service levels, and training required for production support of new and updated IT solutions and services
- Maintain system lifecycle documents and partner with other IT functions to develop technical roadmaps
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (Commercial functions) and various internal and external IT teams during the project delivery phases.
- Ensure appropriate IT processes, procedures, and standards are developed and in place
- Build and foster effective relationships between the business, external service providers and IT
- Manage project risks in a timely manner to ensure that adverse outcomes are minimized
- Introduce best practice and process improvement ideas where appropriate
- Collaborate with the Global IT team to share best practices and learn from peers within the industry
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- Minimum of 10-12 years experience supporting / implementing systems (or equivalent)
- Experience working directly with Commercial systems, including one or more of the following key systems is preferred: Veeva CRM, Veeva Vault, Salesforce.com (Service Cloud, Health Cloud) Marketo, Tableau, Data Warehouse/Analytic, Informatica
- Experience managing IT vendor relationships within pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Demonstrated ability to work on several complex projects at the same time utilizing effective best practices
Technical Knowledge/Skills Needed:
- Demonstrated project management, continuous improvement, and process maturity skills, specifically in the areas of Sales/Field Operations, Marketing, Market Access & Patient Services
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Experience working with third-party partners
- Experience in biotech and pharmaceutical industry and best practices
Preferred Qualifications/Personal Attributes Needed:
- Ability to lead a small IT group and related business functions through complex activities and solution implementations
- Self-starter with ability to multitask - effectively manage simultaneous work requests across departments, IT, and other cross-functional organizations
- Strong work ethic, with a proven track record in successfully achieving goals
- Ability to initiate, persuade, motivate, and influence project stakeholders and internal/external team members to desired and mutually-beneficial outcomes
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work and manage under straight- and dotted-line scenarios
- Occasional business travel expected
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law. Alkermes also complies with all work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Alkermes is an E-Verify employer.
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.