Be a part of the nationwide law enforcement initiative that removes the tools of crime from criminal organizations, depriving wrongdoers of proceeds from their crime and impacting the infrastructure of criminal enterprises.
Focused on delivering unsurpassed services in support of law enforcement and homeland security, FSA, a rapidly growing joint venture owned by trusted solutions providers SAIC and Amentum, has a vacancy for a Jr Financial Anaylst. In this role, you will be supporting the overall mission of U.S. Marshals Service (USMS).
- Provides quality control and reconciliation of computer databases containing financial and compliance records.
- Checks accounting practices for compliance with Federal laws and regulations (e.g., Single Audit Act), generally accepted Government accounting practices (GAP), and relevant Office Management and Budget (OMB) circulars.
- Reviews and analyzes annual financial statements to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, program policies, and procedures, and makes recommendations for corrective actions if findings indicate improper or illegal expenditures and accounting funds.
- Evaluates logistics and operations of audit and certification program to maximize efficiencies and streamline program review.
- Creates draft budget requests for office operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field, or High School Diploma/GED with at least four years related experience
- General knowledge of financial statements
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and other common software applications and databases, to include financial systems
- Strong attention to detail; meticulous data entry skills
- Proven commitment and competence to provide excellent customer service; positive and flexible
- Ability to work in a team environment and maintain a professional disposition
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
The U.S. Marshals Service (USMS) is the nation's oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The Marshals Service occupies a uniquely central position in the federal justice system by being the enforcement arm of the federal courts. Among their many duties, they protect the federal judiciary, apprehend federal fugitives, manage assets seized from criminal enterprises acquired by criminals through illegal activities, house and transport federal prisoners and operate the Witness Security Program.
FSA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity) veteran status, family leave status, and any protected group status as defined by applicable law. FSA is proud to maintain a drug-free workplace. Satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screening is a condition of employment. As a supplier of services to federal government agencies, such as DEA, FBI, USCIS, USPIS, etc., we also adhere to agency standards with respect to prior drug usage. COVID Policy: As a Federal Government Contractor, FSA falls under the guidelines of Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce. Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with FSA's COVID -19 Policy and be fully vaccinated before the start of employment. If applicable, during the offer process, prospective or new employees may seek a reasonable accommodation due to a disability (which would include medical conditions) or because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. While at a Federal workplace, employees must also comply with any additional agency workplace safety requirements for that workplace.