***ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED***
Global Systems Engineering (GSE) is a Hub-zone small business that works directly with Federal, State, and Military Leadership within the Defense, Energy, and Environmental sectors to provide solutions to some of the world's most complex national security challenges. We focus on our clients to develop deep levels of trust that is built on integrity and to help them create enduring solutions that improve our world.
When joining GSE, you will be working to solve real-world problems that have grave impacts on National Security and will be working with individuals who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It is important to us that we hire individuals that are committed to the mission and are passionate about what we do. We in return, support their ambition and provide them with the tools they need to grow within their career and to develop professional within the field.
GSE seeks a Cyber Incident Management Specialist to provide cybersecurity for the development of software application using Software Security principles and adhering to DoD UA and IT Standards for all Defense Stockpile Management System (DSMS) systems. Investigates, analyzes, and responds to cyber incidents within the network environment or enclave.
A day in the life (a general sampling of the things you may do in a given day):
- Providing dedicated Host based security system administration and documentation support related to McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO), including knowledge of Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Rogue System Detection (RSD), Policy Auditor (PA), and Virus Scan Enterprise (VSE).
- Coordinating with other DSMS program teams, planning and create cybersecurity architecture and design documents for all DSMS cybersecurity architecture ensuring it is compliant with DoD and other Federal IA policies and guidance.
- Employing best practices when implementing security controls within an IS including software engineering methodologies, system/security engineering principle, secure design, secure architecture, and secure coding techniques.
- Developing cybersecurity architecture and design plans for communication and collaboration products, operating system platforms including servers, devices, management products, applications and overall security related to implementing these products.
- Providing security engineering support for accreditation of DSMS.
- Integrating cybersecurity expertise into lifecycle management, planning architecture and design management, migration and deployment, and system testing and implementation.
- Researching, developing, testing and documenting architectures and solutions for implementing new cybersecurity technologies to provide more seamless information collaboration and cybersecurity capabilities for the program and its user base.
- Developing and providing a criticality analysis of logic-bearing system components (e.g., hardware, firmware, and software) implementing, protecting, or introducing vulnerability(s) to each function.
- Developing and updating mission criticality analysis(-es), vulnerability assessment(s), risk assessments(s), and identification and counter measurement implementation(s) for Mission- Critical Functions; ensuring updated assumptions, rationale and results related to the criticality analyses, vulnerability assessments, risk assessments, supply chain risk information, and risk mitigations are made available for Government review.
- Uses data collected from a variety of cyber defense tools (e.g., IDS alerts, firewalls, network traffic logs) to analyze events that occur within their environments for the purposes of mitigating threats.
- Interprets, analyzes, and reports all events and anomalies in accordance with computer network directives, including initiating, responding, and reporting discovered events.
- Evaluates, tests, recommends, coordinates, monitors, and maintains cybersecurity policies, procedures, and systems, including access management for hardware, firmware and software
- Ensures that cybersecurity plans, controls, processes, standards, policies, and procedures are aligned with cybersecurity standards
- Identifies security risks and exposures, determines the causes of security violations, and suggests procedures to halt future incidents and improve security.
- Develops techniques and procedures for conducting cybersecurity risk assessments and compliance audits, the evaluation and testing of hardware, firmware, and software for possible impact on system security, and the investigation and resolution of security incidents such as intrusion, frauds, attacks, or leaks.
- Provides guidance and leadership to less-experienced cybersecurity personnel.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field and 5 years of Cyber related experience. (Additional education, certification, training or work experience can be substituted in lieu of degree).
- IASAE Level II Certification Required (CISSP, CASP-CE, CSSLP or CCSP)
- Active Secret clearance
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options that are 90% paid for from CIGNA which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Pet insurance.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- TRICARE supplemental insurance.
- Generous paid personal leave along with paid sick leave, paid family leave, paid military leave, paid jury duty, and paid bereavement leave.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including education assistance, paid certifications, and paid continuing education.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Our in-house Talent Acquisition Team manages all employment opportunities at GSE. Agencies and independent recruiters must be approved as a vendor by GSE's Talent Acquisition team before submitting candidates to any GSE employee.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes or biographies from agencies under any circumstances. Any unsolicited resumes sent to GSE, including those sent to a GSE email address or directly to GSE employees, will be considered GSE property. GSE will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. GSE will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Please do not contact GSE employees directly. Compliance with this request will impact our decision to work with you.
Global Systems Engineering LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
Global Systems Engineering LLC will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Global Systems Engineering LLC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Global Systems Engineering LLC participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
Global Systems Engineering LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Global Systems Engineering LLC is a drug-free workplace.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, regarding accessibility of our website, a modification or adjustment of the job application or interview process due to a disability, please call 703-936-2474 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that this contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of an application.
EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.