Job Summary**Position is located onsite in Paris, KY.
The Sr. Manager, Operations will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
**SIGN ON Bonus & Relocation Assistance Available
Location: Onsite in Paris, KY
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops processes that will improve stewardship, safety, quality and efficiency.
- Supervise operations and triggers corrective actions.
- Responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping.
- Manages a large team within a sophisticated field or department, comprised of intermediate/experienced professionals.
- Determines responsibilities of assigned staff and leads them to accomplish business objectives, daily schedule completion, training and professional development plans; inclusive of associate hiring, training, advising, developing, and performance management.
- Maintains and implements policies, processes and procedures to meet the requirements of regulatory and compliance standards, safety standards, GMP policies, product requirements, customer requirements, and business requirements.
- Leads or participates on project teams to identify and evaluate process improvements (safety, quality, efficiency, capacity, capability, automation, etc.). Utilizes lean manufacturing, 5S, and other process improvement methods to establish world class manufacturing and inventory management.
- Establishes, develops, and manages appropriate systems to allow for effective and efficient production operations that meet or exceed operational requirements for quality, procedural adherence, schedule adherence, work completion, lead times, budget/work standards, and optimal work flow.
- Prepares or assists in preparing departmental budgets. Builds business cases, cost models and financial justifications for process improvements or other projects as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering required (i.e. chemical, mechanical, electrical).
- Minimum 5 years of progressive manufacturing experience and responsibilities, 3 of which must be in a supervisory capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong PSM (Process Safety Management) experience required.
- Experience working in the Pharma, Food or Chemical industry.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, as this position interacts and prepares reports for various levels of management
- Hands-on experience working with manufacturing based processes and principles
- Formal training and experience in continuous improvement methods including 6 sigma or lean manufacturing preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage time, problem solve, and work as part of a team are crucial
- Detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- High energy and eagerness to demonstrate personal initiative
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT:
Time is split working in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level, and manufacturing/warehouse area.
Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
A steady volume of work and deadlines
Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.