Be a part of the nationwide law enforcement initiative that removes the tools of crime from criminal organizations, depriving wrongdoers of proceeds from their crime and impacting the infrastructure of criminal enterprises.
Focused on delivering unsurpassed services in support of law enforcement and homeland security, FSA, a rapidly growing joint venture owned by trusted solutions providers SAIC and Amentum, has a vacancy for a Records Examiner/Analyst. In this role, you will be supporting the overall mission of the United States Secret Service (USSS).
- Reviews and evaluates data and information from multiple sources
- Confirms completeness of received data/information and resolves inconsistencies
- Accurately enters required data into one or more databases, documents, or spreadsheets
- Creates case/project files
- Manages validation and verification of case files and case data system
- Keeps track of case file status in order to confirm compliance with established deadlines
- Manages requests for additional information as needed
- Selects relevant information from a variety of sources in order to prepare documents, reports, summaries, and replies to inquiries, ensuring accuracy and proper format of the information provided. This includes using the customer asset tracking system Fastrak.
- Manipulates, transfers, computers and prints information
- Reports findings of errors or inconsistencies in seizure files or data entered in Fastrak to the Government verbally or in writing
- Prepares and modifies reports and correspondence using word processing software
- Assists with the review of seizure files prior to closing to ensure the file is complete and accurate
- Provides accurate and timely status updates
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree strongly preferred, or High School Diploma/GED and additional two-years' experience
- One-year experience in asset forfeiture or a field related to law enforcement/homeland security (includes legal and military experience)
- Ability to grasp and understand the organization and functions of the customer
- Demonstratable project and workload management skills
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written
- Competence to review, interpret, evaluate, and extract data and information from complex legal and non-legal documents
- Strong attention to detail; meticulous data entry skills
- Intermediate skills with the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and other common software applications, advanced skills preferred
- Proven commitment and expertise to provide excellent customer service; positive and flexible
- Ability to work in a team environment and maintain a professional disposition
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation
The United States Secret Service (USSS) was created to investigate and prevent counterfeiting. Since then, the agency's investigative mission has evolved from enforcing counterfeiting laws to safeguarding the payment and financial systems of the United States, and the citizens who use them, from a wide range of financial and computer-based crimes. The scope of this mission encompasses crimes that involve financial institution fraud, computer and telecommunications fraud, false identification documents, access device fraud, advance fee fraud, electronic funds transfers and money laundering. The Criminal Investigative Division (CID), Asset Forfeiture Branch (AFB) is responsible for the administration, tracking and disposition of all non-evidentiary seized and/or forfeited by the United States Secret Service. These responsibilities include establishing and maintaining files for each individual seizure and associated assets, complying with all Civil Asset Forfeiture Reform Act (CAFRA) notice requirements in administrative forfeiture cases, reviewing legal seizure and forfeiture documents, and processing asset disposition orders.
At FSA Federal, we recognize the diverse needs of our employees and strive to provide an excellent package to help meet those needs. Comprehensive benefits are offered with greater choice and flexibility to support your health, work-life balance, and professional growth. A package providing employee only coverage can be built around our basic plans at $0 employee cost for: Medical, Dental, Vision, Term Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short-Term Disability, and Employee Assistance Program. For more information, .
FSA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity) veteran status, family leave status, and any protected group status as defined by applicable law. FSA is proud to maintain a drug-free workplace. Satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screening is a condition of employment. As a supplier of services to federal government agencies, such as DEA, FBI, USCIS, USPIS, etc., we also adhere to agency standards with respect to prior drug usage. COVID Policy: As a Federal Government Contractor, FSA falls under the guidelines of Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce. Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with FSA's COVID -19 Policy and be fully vaccinated before the start of employment. If applicable, during the offer process, prospective or new employees may seek a reasonable accommodation due to a disability (which would include medical conditions) or because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. While at a Federal workplace, employees must also comply with any additional agency workplace safety requirements for that workplace.