**Up to $1,000 sign-on-bonus based on qualifying FTE**
The float region will include the following primary care sites: Northland, Sharon Woods, Westerville and Olentangy
40 hours per week. Variety of hours to choose from between - M-F 7:30a-9p, Sat 9a-1p
Non-Exempt. Benefits Eligible
Minimum hourly rate: $20.00. Pay to commensurate with experience
The LPN provides technical nursing care to acute and chronically ill children from the age of birth to 21 years and selected adults patients, under the direction of a RN Care Manager, and in accordance with the Ohio Board of Nursing Law and Rule. (Sections 4723-4-01, Ohio Administrative Code or OAC, 4723-4-04, OAC, 4723-4-06, OAC, and 4723-4-08 OAC).
Ambulatory, LPN, Clinic, Primary Care, Outpatient
The moment you walk through our doors, you feel it. When you meet our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it. Welcome to Nationwide Children's Hospital, Where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are integrated into our core values and practices. We are passionate about building, sustaining and evolving an inclusive and equitable environment. We are seeking individuals who live these values and want to share their experiences and efforts in support of our collective mission.
We're 14,000 strong. And it takes every one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids around the world we'll never meet. Kids who live healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children's badge what they do for a living. They'll tell you it's More Than a Job. It's a calling. It's a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children's Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
1. Identifies and documents patient/family objective/subjective data and family data and observations.
2. Reports pertinent findings to the RN Care Manager responsible for directing the patient's care.
3. Follows the plan of care appropriate to the developmental level of the patient.
4. Collaborates with the RN Care Manager directing the patient's care regarding appropriate tasks/nursing interventions.
5. Implements nursing interventions according to established standards demonstrating competence in specified nursing care.
6. Administers and documents medications by all routes, i.e. oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular, intradermal, transdermal, rectal and aerosol, utilizing the five rights and all other related safety recommendations.
7. Performs the various IV therapy procedures, including but not limited to: verification of the type of peripheral IV solution, examination of a peripheral infusion site; discontinuation of a peripheral IV device, assembles tubing for both peripheral IVs and central venous catheters and others.
Education: Must be a graduate of an approved school of practical or vocational nursing.
Licensure: Must be licensed as a Practical Nurse in the State of Ohio.
Certifications: Must complete an Ohio Board of Nursing approved medication test, such as NAPNES (National Association for Practical Nurse Education and Service) or OAPNES (Ohio Association for Practical Nurse Education Service.)
Must satisfactorily complete orientation objectives as determined by the manager.
Skills: Basic written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated competence in specified nursing care. Positive, effective, and age appropriate interaction skills with patient/family, physicians and other health care team member.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to see, hear, stand, walk, speak, read and perform manual tasks with or without accommodation, and care for oneself with little or no difficulty.
Must be able to independently lift up to 25 lbs.
Must be able to move or reposition patients of any weight or size with the assistance of another person(s) and/or equipment.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.