Never settle, dig deeper.
Our Core Values
- Deliberately Safe We believe all safety incidents are avoidable when everyone operates with a deliberate mindset. We are deliberately proactive and thorough in training and job planning. We are deliberately safe in our everyday operations and decision-making.
- Build with Intention We build with intention. Whether in the office or the field, we work with grit and determination toward a better future for everyone involved. We leave things better than we found them, and never leave a job until we're proud to put the Veit name on it.
- Leaders Dig First Egos have no place at Veit. We expect everyone on our team to dig in with a leadership mentality. That means being willing to jump in, take ownership, and get mud on our boots - especially when times get challenging.
- Real Relationships Like our work, we approach relationships authentically, with a long-term mindset. Whether you're a client partner, vendor, or team member, we make an effort to build a more meaningful connection with you by communicating with respect and honesty.
- Integrity in Everything As part of the Veit family, everything we do and say reflects on this entire company. We act with integrity, which means treating others just as we want to be treated, doing the right thing, and holding ourselves accountable.
Veit is one of the country's leading specialty contractors, with over 90 years of experience and the best people in the industry. We pride ourselves on our relentless pursuit to push the construction industry forward and deliver for our customers. Our modern fleet of iron, diverse expertise, and unmatched determination allow us to successfully tackle some of the largest and most complex projects across every sector while also living out our values every day.
Our company culture is one where everyone pitches in to get the job done, regardless of job title or seniority. We do everything we can to maintain an atmosphere where family comes first. We want every one of our employees to look forward to each day at work and make it home safe and happy at the end of the day.
Veit has an immediate opening for a traveling Demolition Foreman. This position will work under the direction of the Superintendent, with daily guidance and mentoring provided. The Demolition Foreman oversees the daily site activities by ensuring the project is constructed in accordance with safety, design, budget, and schedule. The Demolition Foreman directly manages project crews on each project site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily communication with General Superintendents regarding job specific needs including workforce and equipment requirements.
- Daily contact with job site crews to ensure project time schedule and workforce needs are being met.
- Schedules subcontractors to complete work as needed. Monitors subcontractor work to ensure work is complete per subcontractor agreement.
- Maintains safe working environment by identifying workplace hazards and taking corrective action when necessary
- Ensures employees have up-to-date information on safety procedures and policies.
- Conducts daily Job Hazard Awareness meetings, daily stretching, and weekly Toolbox topics.
- Complete daily record keeping including daily logs, equipment schedules, material schedules, and timecards.
- Manages field personnel in fair and equitable manner in accordance with Veit policies, procedures, as well as compliance with local and federal laws.
- Addresses staff performance issues as they occur.
- Participates in pre-construction meetings to discuss project start up and project planning. Prepares and participates in regular job site meetings throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provides timely and accurate documentation for reporting safety issues, equipment damage and workplace injuries, according to Veit policies and procedures.
- Ensures all work follows specified quality standards. Inspects field work for quality compliance, materials for quality compliance and review assembly of manufacturer's literature and drawings before work begins.
- Responds to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Regular participation in training for construction methods and safety. Supports training opportunities for staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Five years' Demolition experience in a Heavy Industrial setting (powerplants, refineries, papermills); plus 2 years' experience in a supervisor/foreman role.
- OSHA 30-hour, HAZWOPER certificate, Excavating Safety Training, Blueprint Training, CPR, First Aid.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, reports, plans, specifications, and legal documents.
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel spreadsheets, iPad and iPhone.
- Ability to communicate and schedule project needs appropriately.
- Good communication skills both oral and written when working with all levels of management and employees, external vendors and other business associates. Must clearly communicate directions and information. Speaks effectively before groups as well as individuals. Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages ratios, and proportions to practical field quantity situations.
- Valid Driver's License and ability to maintain a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- 25% travel within Midwest region is required.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Often required to sit, stand, walk, bend knees, stretch arms, talk and hear. Occasionally required to stoop or kneel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Employee is exposed to environmental conditions, working near machines and loud noises associated with construction sites. Exposed to variable weather conditions including rain, snow, wind, cold and heat.
VEIT does not accept recruiting agency solicitations.