Waynesville, NC 28786
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn't changed our tight-knit feel - we've simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company - it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the Plant Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, calibration, repair and/or replacement of electronic instrumentation and controls as well as electrical wiring, electrical and mechanical devices and other equipment normally found in an industrial plant environment. Experience with Fanuc or similar robots is a plus. You will take pride in your personal hands-on and analytical abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail.
The work assignments may vary from day-to-day including but not limited to:
- Ability to perform Electro Mechanic 1 job duties.
- Evaluates systems or facilitates to determine maintenance or repairs that need to be performed.
- Ensures equipment stays as close as possible to EOM conditions.
- Works with maintenance planner and plant engineer to plan work priorities, obtain necessary supplies and assess skills needed to complete tasks.
- Ensures all technical documentation is up to date and available to all maintenance members.
- Ensures all necessary tools and resources are available to complete all assigned tasks.
- Works closely with planner, E-tech and MRO specialist to ensure the right spare parts are available in inventory.
- Develops plans for upgrading spare parts or equipment replacement activities.
- Ensures maintenance and repair work is completed safely, effectively and in a timely manner.
- Assists team members with technical issues or advanced problems with given assignment.
- Inspects work performed by team members.
- Trains associates while ensuring employees follow safe working practices, coaches and correct unsafe practices.
- Inspects PM activities to ensure all tasks are correctly completed and coaches fellow team members when needed.
- Liaison between maintenance department and other departments.
- Lead the implementation of SPS initiatives and activities for the site.
- Track and log workers time, materials and other resources used for inventory purposes.
- Stays up to date with all equipment changes to keep proficiency in all technical aspects of equipment.
- Recommends training needed to close skills gaps within maintenance workforce.
- Works with plant engineer to coordinate topics for safety meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position is in our Plastics plant in beautiful Waynesville, NC. We produce thermoformed plastic trays and cups, utilizing state of the art equipment. We service the frozen and shelf stable food markets. Our goal is to safely produce high quality packaging in an efficient and cost-effective high-volume environment. This plant has shown great stability and past growth. Our processes include the use of robotics, and pellet to pallet production automation. Our business model targets increased use of these types of technology.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Associate Degree in MET or EET or Equipment preferred
- 2-5 years' experience in Maintenance on Industrial machinery in the manufacturing industry and understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Set-up and operation of various welding equipment, lathe, milling machine and other shop related equipment
- Thermoforming background desirable
- Experience using basic electrical troubleshooting tools, e.g. ampere meter, voltmeter.
- Familiarity with Allen-Bradley PLC desirable
- Basic welding skills required
Certification: Current license as fork-truck operator preferred
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply common sense. Ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family.
Apply today and help us get stronger!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.