You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn't changed our tight-knit feel - we've simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company - it truly is a special place.
Reporting to the Sr. Area Controller, you will be responsible for the overall financial support, financial reporting, and audit requirements of the plants within their area of responsibility.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Prepare all necessary month-end close duties; ensuring accounting principles and processes are in compliance with US GAAP regulations and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Perform and document monthly review and reconciliation of Balance Sheet.
- Support all annual financial requirements, including annual fixed asset and physical inventories; maintain accuracy in transactions and records for all inventory.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Lead in the preparation of monthly and quarterly forecasts, engaging Operations & Sales resources; documenting variances and providing analysis to support gaps.
- The individual in this position is the key driver of the annual budget process for their plants. Working with the Division, prepare of year over year, quarter over quarter variance analysis, and other reports as required.
- Evaluate system driven reports, ensuring financial accuracy for all Plant processes.
- Analyze business trends and provide guidance to Operational Leads in efforts to improve overall financial results.
- Analyze all operations and customer profitability reports, explaining impact of changes to mix, and identifying major drivers of Plant's performance.
- Support Divisional Pricing team, in working with Commercial teams, to manage customer contractual requirements.
- Act as key member of Plant leadership teams in working to achieve all business objectives.
- Review Standard Cost and update accordingly on a quarterly and yearly basis.
- Ensure Inventory values are accurately reflected on the Balance Sheet.
- Monitor all activities to ensure compliance to all Corporate Standards.
- Provide technical assistance to all teams in preparation and support of all audit requirements (internal and external).
- Provide financial support for all ad-hoc projects and presentations.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Manufacturing (Plant accounting and financial closing).
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, or related field.
- MBA and/or CMA/CPA designation preferred but not required.
- Experience managing teams and developing team members.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and main drivers of financial results.
- Excellent computer skills; with proficiency in Microsoft office products, Microsoft Navision (NAV), Oracle, and Onestream an asset.
- Effective communication skills, including ability to write in a well-organized, cohesive, and concise manner.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with hands-on approach.
- Ability/preference to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.