To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the "Next" button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the "Posting Summary Page" by clicking on the "Next" button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
|Working Title||Assistant Director of Development - Chase College of Law|
Monday - Friday, 8:15 am to 4:30 pm; Varies depending on need; Some travel, nights and weekends is required.
|Hours per Week||37.5|
|Months per Year||12|
|Commitment to Inclusive Excellence||
Northern Kentucky University (NKU) seeks excellence by enriching its educational environment and culture through the diversity of its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive excellence.
|Purpose of Position||
The Assistant Director of Development reports to the Associate Dean/Director of Development in the Chase College of Law and works with internal colleagues and external stakeholders across the university and the Chase College of Law to qualify, acquire, cultivate and solicit donors with the capacity to contribute $250 - $4,999. This position is critical to the overall success of university fundraising, facilitating a more enhanced donor experience. This position qualifies and engages with prospective donors identified through prospect research, data analysis and referrals.
Additionally, this Gift Officer will further discover and confirm a prospective donor's capacity and inclination to make a major gift to build a pipeline of high-level annual donors through in-person and digital interactions.
Bachelors and 2 years of related experience required.
* Word, Outlook, Excel, SAP and Raiser's Edge preferred.
* Strong written communication skills to prepare and edit effective correspondence, proposals, and persuasive solicitation materials for individuals and groups
* Demonstrated ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships to deliver measurable results
* Close attention to detail, managing multiple projects at once
* Effectively engage donors digitally through phone, text, email, and social media
* Ability to problem solve and generate creative solutions to maintain and strengthen high-quality relationships with donors
* Exceptional ethics and integrity, ability to be discrete and maintain confidentiality
* Must have passion for philanthropy, higher education, NKU, and the community that it serves
|Minimum Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Preferred Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Minimum Experience||2 years|
|Job Open Date||11/22/2021|
|Job Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Is this an internal only posting?|