Greets customers and assesses needs to determine sales/service focus or referral to appropriate department. Capable of completing the duties of a CSR and Teller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
* Access customer needs for sales and/or services in a professional manner, determines best solution and clearly communicates that solution to the customer. Answer questions regarding bank products and services while recognizing sales and referral opportunities.
* Stay apprised of existing bank products and services including implementation of new ones.
* Open deposit accounts including checking and savings, certificates of deposit, safe deposit box leases, HSAs, IRAs, etc.
* Perform specific service transactions for customers including but not limited to reordering checks, making account name and address changes, granting access to safe deposit boxes, etc.
* Handle customer service issues by conducting research, assuming ownership of customer problems, and providing follow-up status to customers.
* Greet customers to ensure smooth traffic flow within banking office in order to provide efficient service.
* Build customer relationships by using bank developed techniques and processes to better serve customers and the banking office team. Be proactive in daily customer and prospective customer contact, either by phone or in person to identify financial needs, and initiate and/or strengthen relationships.
* Ensure accurate and timely processing of basic teller transactions such as accepting deposits and loan payments, verifying cash and endorsements, cashing checks within approval limit or obtaining authorization as needed, issuing official checks, taking large commercial deposits, cash advances, etc.
* Balance daily work in accordance with established Bank policies and procedures.
* Handle proportionate volume of work based on banking office demands to include WebCapture.
* Resolve customer issues and problems in a professional manner or refer to appropriate staff to guarantee customer satisfaction and retention.
* Support team sales process by identifying and acting upon customer needs or by making the appropriate referral. Participate in team and individual sales goals.
* Follow bank policies and procedures, security guidelines, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Cash handling experience preferred.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrate willingness and desire to interact in a team environment.
* Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
* Adaptability to change, including cross-training for Customer Service Representative and Teller Supervisor functions.
* Ability to compute basic to moderately complex math calculations.
* Basic problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Proficiency in using personal computers and office products (e.g., Word, Excel).