Never Settle, Dig Deeper.
Our Core Values
- Deliberately Safe We believe all safety incidents are avoidable when everyone operates with a deliberate mindset. We are deliberately proactive and thorough in training and job planning. We are deliberately safe in our everyday operations and decision-making.
- Build with Intention We build with intention. Whether in the office or the field, we work with grit and determination toward a better future for everyone involved. We leave things better than we found them, and never leave a job until we're proud to put the Veit name on it.
- Leaders Dig First Egos have no place at Veit. We expect everyone on our team to dig in with a leadership mentality. That means being willing to jump in, take ownership, and get mud on our boots - especially when times get challenging.
- Real Relationships Like our work, we approach relationships authentically, with a long-term mindset. Whether you're a client partner, vendor, or team member, we make an effort to build a more meaningful connection with you by communicating with respect and honesty.
- Integrity in Everything As part of the Veit family, everything we do and say reflects on this entire company. We act with integrity, which means treating others just as we want to be treated, doing the right thing, and holding ourselves accountable.
Veit is one of the country's leading specialty contractors, with over 90 years of experience and the best people in the industry. We pride ourselves on our relentless pursuit to push the construction industry forward and deliver for our customers. Our modern fleet of iron, diverse expertise, and unmatched determination allow us to successfully tackle some of the largest and most complex projects across every sector while also living out our values every day. Our company culture is one where everyone pitches in to get the job done, regardless of job title or seniority. We do everything we can to maintain an atmosphere where family comes first. We want every one of our employees to look forward to each day at work and make it home safe and happy at the end of the day.
The Professional Engineer/Estimator's primary duty is to design, bid and secure Deep Foundation and Earth Retention projects. Once projects are awarded, the Professional Engineer/ Estimator collaborates with the construction team by preparing plans and project documents, value engineering design and provide technical support for construction operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides preliminary, temporary, and permanent engineered design to support and develop deep foundation and retention projects.
- Collaborates with Estimating and Project Management staff to design, estimate, and manage foundation and retention projects.
- Seeks out/completes bid opportunities through client relationships, networking opportunities, public/private postings, assigned bid opportunities, and various other means.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with current clients; responsible to create relationships with potential future clients.
- Estimates projects for bid submittal by reviewing plans and specifications, calculating quantities, gathering quotes and submittals, constructing the bid, and creating the bid submittal.
- Coordinates pre-construction meetings for projects awarded to ensure communication and coordination between project managers, field, and office support. Works with operations staff to coordinate appropriate construction methods and staffing needs
- Obtains necessary permits and licensing.
- Manages costs by tracking labor, equipment, and materials.
- Manages billing with Project Coordinators to ensure accuracy of invoicing, preparation of payables, accounts receivable collections, approval of accounts payable in a timely manner and management of over/under billing monthly.
- Communicates and is responsible for meeting EEO/DBE project requirements.
- Ensures all aspects of project are met safely, on/under budget and in the appropriate time frame allowed.
- Uses appropriate resources to troubleshoot any project issues that may arise.
- Seeks approval for all project change orders (before work is completed) and manages changes to the scope of work to maintain profitability.
- Coordinates efforts and communication with the project owner/general contractor to work toward safe and timely project completion and adjust project scope of work and timelines as needed.
- Assures that Veit's Leadership is informed on all matters of relative importance.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree; 10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer registration in Minnesota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin; or ability to obtain.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Construction Bidding, Project Management, and Design software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams).
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to clearly articulate information to all levels of management, employees, external vendors, and other business associates.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, clients, and/or regulatory agencies.
- Ability to define problems, collect and document data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of situations and events and respond accordingly. Ability to seek counsel, when needed and use a variety of resources.
- Ability to develop and nurture lasting client relationships.
- Ability to maintain compliance with all Veit policies and procedures.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of five years deep foundation retention and design experience is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Viewpoint Vista and HCSS construction software is preferred.
- OSHA30 Certification is preferred.
- Valid Driver's License and ability to maintain a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Occasional travel and overnight stays to jobsites and client meetings (10%)
- Required to be onsite at one of the following Veit's office locations one week per month (25%). Office locations include Duluth, MN; Minneapolis (Rogers) MN; Milwaukee (New Berlin), WI; or Appleton, WI.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to stand and/or sit in a stationary position for extended periods of time; 50%+. The employee is regularly required to use a computer/laptop/iPad in on office environment with natural and/or florescent lighting, navigate between office building floors, and on occasion, attend off-site meetings. The employee occasionally may encounter high noise levels, but hearing protection is provided/required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Most often an office environment, however jobsite travel is required. Employee frequently works alone and with others. Frequently exposed to variable work environments, including unique conditions outside a typical office environment. Occasionally exposed to moving machinery, odors, dust, pressurized equipment. Occasionally exposed to electrical hazards. May be exposed to environmental conditions, loud noises, and variable weather including rain, snow, wind, cold, and heat.
VEIT does not accept recruiting agency solicitations.