Ahtna complies with all federal regulations, to include mandatory vaccinations for all employees working directly or indirectly on a government contract. If applicable, employees must be fully vaccinated by the position's start date. An individual is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their final shot.
Works under the supervision of the On-site Site Supervisor 95% standards of assigned tasks for all facility receiving these services, are without customer complaint for the month. Must be able to utilize cleaning products, chemicals, vacuums, mops, wringers, dust tools, and floor machines.
Auto req ID
Ahtna Environmental, Inc.
Job Location (State)
External & Internal
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* The employee will follow all rules and regulations relative to entering and leaving the building.
* Must be physically able to do their assigned work and shall be free of communicable diseases.
* Contractor employees shall not disturb papers on desks, open desk drawers, or cabinets, or use telephones, copy machines, or other equipment provided for official Government use.
* Will report fires, hazardous conditions, and items in need of repair, such as dead lights, leaking faucets, toilet stoppage, etc.
* Specified rooms will be locked after cleaning and keys will be returned to COR.
* All personal articles found by contractor employees shall be given to the COR.
* Follow established procedure methods for handling and mixing chemicals.
* Dust all desks, chairs, stands, bookcases, consoles, lockers, closet shelves, radiators, windowsills, doorsills, banisters, costumers, consoles, and wall mounted appurtenances, and other related equipment shall be dusted. Dust, lint and dry soil shall be removed with a dust cloth or feather duster from wood furniture.
* Must have 3 months of general experience of progressively responsible housekeeping/sanitation or other work that applies particular knowledge and skills to perform the position.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Knowledge of janitorial methods, practices, materials, tools, occupational hazards and safety precautions of the janitorial work.
* Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given to qualified Ahtna Native Corporation Shareholders, Descendants, and Spouses in all phases of employment.
Physical Demands (Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.)
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. For extended period of time may be required to stand or walk; push or pull heavy equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, kneeling and crouching as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
* Office building