100 Years of Experience at Work for You!
Since 1920, the professional men and women of Hubbard Construction have literally paved the way for hundreds of public and private projects that have supported Florida's rise to prominence.
Hubbard is one of Florida's largest heavy civil construction companies. We are proud to be a part of Florida's history and we are eager to continue to serve the Florida market and beyond.
The scope of Hubbard's work includes complex highway projects, site development, paving, utility and drainage systems, surveying, RAP and hot mix sales, and state-of-the-art bridge building. We provide multiple delivery systems in design-build, bid-build, public/private-partnerships and design-build finance.
Hubbard Construction's parent company, Eurovia, operates through a network of 330 agencies and 770 production sites, in 17 countries around the world.
General Description. The Survey Party Chief will supervise all members of a survey crew performing construction stakeout and associated preliminary topographic surveys, boundary, topography, ALTA, right of way, and construction surveys for public and private clients.
- Must have extensive experience in Highway (FDOT & Municipal) stake out.
- Daily coordination with field coordinator, project managers and other office staff.
- Work in a safe manner and obey all safety regulations.
- Work independently as a one person crew as required.
- Daily uploading and downloading of data collectors.
- Daily care and charging of survey instrumentation.
- Continually advance knowledge with upgrades in technology and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Survey Party Chief. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees. Five (5) years or more of Construction layout related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Survey Party Chief to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50-90 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- Capable of being certified to enter confined spaces, including climbing into and out of excavations up to 15 feet in depth, using ladders or crawling, as required.
- Ability to maintain balance while working on water craft or other surfaces.
- The survey instrument crew member must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
- The ability to hear, understand, and distinguish speech and/or other sounds (e.g., moving equipment, backing alarms, or other alarms, instructions/directions from supervisor and/or spotter).
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Survey Party Chief encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Employee regularly works in close proximity to high volumes of fast moving traffic.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.