100 Years of Experience at Work for You!
Since 1920, the professional men and women of Hubbard Construction have literally paved the way for hundreds of public and private projects that have supported Florida's rise to prominence.
Hubbard is one of Florida's largest heavy civil construction companies. We are proud to be a part of Florida's history and we are eager to continue to serve the Florida market and beyond.
The scope of Hubbard's work includes complex highway projects, site development, paving, utility and drainage systems, surveying, RAP and hot mix sales, and state-of-the-art bridge building. We provide multiple delivery systems in design-build, bid-build, public/private-partnerships and design-build finance.
Hubbard Construction's parent company, Eurovia, operates through a network of 330 agencies and 770 production sites, in 17 countries around the world.
Conducts tests on state approved asphalt mixes for county, state and federal highways.
A Quality Control Technician typically performs a wide variety of tasks, transferring from one task to another as the work flow dictates.
Level I and Level II FDOT Roadway certification required.
- Tests for asphalt roadway density, monitor rolling patterns, measuring yield, field measurements and cutting cores
- Math and communication skills are required to ensure accurate calculations and reporting.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Proficiency in record keeping is required to ensure accurate reporting.
- Variable schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Quality Control Technician. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. One (1) or two (2) years of college or equivalent (e.g. trade school, specialized training). Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees. Must have 3-5 years field and plant experience in testing and controlling the quality of asphalt pavement materials and construction aggregates. A valid driver's license is required. Three (3) to Five (5) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Quality Control Technician to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Frequently work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in conjunction with the operation of hand power tools.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50-90 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- The ability to hear, understand, and distinguish speech and/or other sounds (e.g., moving equipment, backing alarms, or other alarms, instructions/directions from supervisor and/or spotter).
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Quality Control Technician encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.