Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary responsibilities.
- Follow all safety rules and policies, promote a safe work environment and report any safety violations / incidents immediately to supervision or management
- Know the location and operation of Emergency Stops, Cables, Guards and resets on the various parts of the line
- Load correct paperboard into the correct position on the Backstand and thread the plies into the winder in the proper position and sequence
- Using the control panel and with paper plies in the proper position, start the Winder (note: always have plies between Winding Belt and Winder Mandrel before tightening belt)
- When winder is started and forming parent tubes, the operator verifies, monitors and adjusts the cut-off to meet the specification and sets up delivery of the parent tubes to the recutter
- Perform the following production tasks: Splicing, Lubrication, Restarting Winder after ply break, Ply Spread Adjustment, Tension, Glue Application
- Perform and adjust for the following Quality Checks: Measure Parent Stick, Skiving, Inside Print, Gaps inside Tube, Gluing and Ply Spread, Printing (color and pattern placement)
- Perform Quality Checks at start of shift, start of new order, color / pattern change, after splice or restart, document Quality Checks every hour
- Clean machine, blow down and sweep area (last hour of shift) dispose of dust, used ink, glue, paper, trim and plastic into the appropriate waste stream
- Perform the following duties for the Printer; set up of printing plates, clean ink pans, set up for changes in color / printing pattern, clean and set up the plate rollers and anilock rolls and fill the ink pans with the correct color ink.
- Complete all paperwork for Production Data, Downtime and Waste
- Preventative Maintenance Schedule
- Clean Glue Scrapes, rollers and pans
- Clean and Check Winder Mandrel
- Clean and check Winding Belt - flip or replace as needed
- Clean Cut-Off, check blades
- Clean Printer
- Other job / position related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or manager
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.