100 Years of Experience at Work for You!
Since 1920, the professional men and women of Hubbard Construction have literally paved the way for hundreds of public and private projects that have supported Florida's rise to prominence.
Hubbard is one of Florida's largest heavy civil construction companies. We are proud to be a part of Florida's history and we are eager to continue to serve the Florida market and beyond.
The scope of Hubbard's work includes complex highway projects, site development, paving, utility and drainage systems, surveying, RAP and hot mix sales, and state-of-the-art bridge building. We provide multiple delivery systems in design-build, bid-build, public/private-partnerships and design-build finance.
Hubbard Construction's parent company, Eurovia, operates through a network of 330 agencies and 770 production sites, in 17 countries around the world.
Supervises and maintains traffic within the limits of the project for the duration of the construction period, including any temporary suspensions of the work. Construct and maintain detours. Provide facilities for access to residences, businesses, etc., along with the project. Furnishes, installs and maintains traffic control and safety devices during construction. Provides and other special requirements for safe and expeditious movement of traffic specified on the plans. Maintenance of Traffic includes all facilities, devices, and operations as required for safety and convenience of the public within the work zone.
- Plan and develop maintenance programs, schedules, and timetables; assist in establishing and administering traffic maintenance policies and standards; communicate and direct implementation of changes in policies, standards and regulations to subordinates.
- Plans, organizes and supervises all equipment and materials needed to set-up, take down, maintain traffic control, and handle traffic-related situations.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of traffic control technicians and traffic control specialists; assign specific projects and monitor activities to ensure compliance.
- Control and allocate available resources; prioritize projects on the basis of greatest need and monitor budget to allow maximum utilization of resources.
- Facilitate and integrate traffic maintenance activities; serve as liaison with utilities and districts in order to develop and maintain cooperation and project coordination.
- Provides technical assistance in preparing project specifications.
- Review existing operations; develop and make recommendations on improved methods and procedures for traffic maintenance activities.
- Provide verbal and written status reports and special reports as needed.
- Maintain regular, punctual attendance during regularly scheduled work hours at assigned worksite.
- Work a flexible schedule which may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a MOT Supervisor. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred and five years of experience planning, organizing and supervising all equipment and materials needed to set-up, take down, maintain traffic control, and handle traffic-related situations is required, two years of which were at the lead level or an equivalent combination of closely related training and experience. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with management and fellow employees.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a MOT Supervisor to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Vision sufficient to read diagrams, manuals reports, rules, regulations, laws and plans.
- Hearing sufficient to hear conversations in person and over telephones and radios.
- Manual dexterity to operate tools used in the course of work and typical office equipment including computer key boards.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds and, at times, as much as 90 pounds, as may be assigned.
- Physical dexterity involving stretching, proper placement of legs, and use of arms and hands in repetitive motions.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- The ability to hear, understand, and distinguish speech and/or other sounds (e.g., moving equipment, backing alarms, or other alarms, instructions/directions from supervisor and/or spotter).
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a MOT Supervisor encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
- Work will be performed on streets with significant amounts of traffic.
- Special Requirements/Licenses and Certificates The special requirements described below are representative of those that a MOT Supervisor must possess prior to his/her appointment.
- Must possess appropriate Florida Driver's License at the time of appointment and maintain satisfactory driving record.
- A Mot Supervisor is required to have and maintain an Advanced Maintenance of Traffic Certification.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.