Alkermes, Inc. is the U.S. operating company of Alkermes plc, a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company that applies its scientific expertise and proprietary technologies to research, develop and commercialize, both with partners and on its own, pharmaceutical products that are designed to address unmet medical needs of patients in major therapeutic areas. Alkermes has a diversified portfolio of marketed products focused on central nervous system disorders such as addiction and schizophrenia and a pipeline of product candidates in the fields of neuroscience and oncology. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes has a research and development ("R&D") center in Waltham, Massachusetts; an R&D and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio.
The following position is for Alkermes, Inc.
Reporting to the Senior Regional Director of Key Accounts for Health Systems, the Associate Director, Key Accounts Manager (KAM) will be responsible for creating and implementing effective account planning across a mix of customers. This role will develop deep customer relationships in order to meet both near and long-term profitability measures for assigned objectives. The KAM will be responsible for increasing access to Alkermes products in key market segments including National Treatment Systems (NTS), Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), and Criminal Justice.
The KAM will serve as the Alkermes lead account manager for assigned target systems by providing leadership across internal functions to identify, develop, and execute strategies and tactics resulting in greater use of Alkermes products.
The KAM will work collaboratively with Sales, Managed Markets, Government Affairs, Medical Professional Services, Marketing, and Corporate Communications leadership teams to develop and expand opportunities for Alkermes products. The KAM will be responsible for leading, identifying, and evolving sales opportunities within the approved product indication(s). The KAM will maximize deep customer relationships in order to meet key profitability measures for assigned objectives. When setting strategy, planning or interacting with internal or external stakeholders, the KAM will abide by Alkermes policies, stakeholders ethic rules, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate a subject matter expert role in coordination of Alkermes product education and account management, product education for large treatment systems, aligning the resources and capabilities of internal cross-functional teams
- Actively lead field partners to maximize the growth of local MAT treatment programs by developing a deep understanding of assigned geography, including of care, major payers and public policy initiatives (e.g., corrections, "behind the wall" programs, re-entry, parole and probation, Drug Courts, FQHC's, etc.). This role complements the State Government Affairs team and Sales teams to provide a concentrated focus on local and regional level initiatives to advance implementation and treatment program success
- Develop market expertise and strong relationship building skills to advance customer focused account interactions
- Actively manage all aspects of assigned accounts including but not limited to opportunity identification, resource utilization, and assurance of customer satisfaction. Employee will be responsible for actively identifying challenges and opportunities to ensure company success in a compliant manner
- Ensure cross-functional alignment of key strategies and tactics, and ensure effective communication and implementation
- Engage with State Government Affairs team to identify and develop goals that are in alignment with State Level strategic initiatives
- Facilitate account management, advocacy, coalition building, and pull through for state, regional and national policy initiatives
- Influence local decision-making that advances awareness and adoption of Alkermes products
- Assist local stakeholders in procuring Alkermes products for all potential initiatives
- Represent the company at local conferences and select national conferences
- Exercise sound judgment and ensure integrity and compliance with company policies in all activities and communications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, advanced degree (MBA) preferred
- 10+ years of sales, marketing, or management experience in pharmaceutical/biotech or medical device
- Driver's license must be in good standing
- Will be required to show proof of completing a COVID-19 vaccine series as a condition of employment at Alkermes, subject to medical/religious accommodations as required by law
- 5+ years of experience in any or all of the following areas:
- Key Account Management, Pharmaceutical Field Sales, Training, GPO Account Management, Government Account Management, Managed Care and/or National Trade Accounts with a proven track record of results
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Deep knowledge of Criminal Justice, Medical Groups, Integrated Health Networks, GPOs, Single State Authorities, Mental Health and Substance Abuse Coalitions, Sheriffs and Corrections staff/Probation and Parole staff, Judges/Drug court team, and Private Correctional Medical Vendors among the customer segments inclusive of their evolving needs and value proposition approaches with a track record of securing access for products; demonstrated network of decision makers in all business segments
- Superior strategic thinking skills and creativity and the capacity to assist others in developing ideas and business opportunities
- Demonstrated experience identifying value propositions and effectively communicating messages to customers
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative and comprehensive market access strategies and plans and communicate them effectively within the organization to gain alignment and drive critical decision making
- Proven budget management capabilities
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and able to make timely and insightful decisions and to solve problems in a dynamic organization
- Superior verbal, written and presentation skills to effectively convey strategic and technical market access information/issues to executives and market access team members; ability to translate complex topics into clear points that can be understood by broad audiences
- Strong negotiation skills, business acumen and analytical prowess; demonstrated success in negotiating, executing and implementing contracts
- Demonstrated ability to promote and proactively engage in collaboration
- High level of commitment and strong sense of accountability
- Ability to prioritize effectively, addressing short-term needs while maintaining a focus on long-term strategies
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law. Alkermes also complies with all work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Alkermes is an E-Verify employer. #LI-TT1 #LI-remote