At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Senior Rail Engineer, we'll count on you to:
* Take responsibility for all aspects of client and design-team management of commuter, shortline, freight, transit and class-one rail projects
* Coordinate the planning and environmental process; manage the assembly of plans, specifications and construction estimate packages
* Serve as a technical expert with recognized authority in an area of specialization that resolves problems of greater scope and complexity while planning and developing projects or designing activities that have significant impact on major company programs
* Be able to plan, organize and supervise work of medium to large staff of professionals and technicians
* Serve as Project Manager on larger projects as needed; project management is not sole focus of position
* Serve as a high-level point of contact between the client and HDR
* Perform other duties as needed
* Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
* 10+ years experience
* PE required
* Strong interest in railroad bridge design
* Demonstrated hands-on experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Mathcad, MicroStation, AutoCAD or other CAD software
* Experience using structural analysis programs and bridge design software (Bentley LEAP Bridge Enterprise, CSI Bridge, LARSA)
* Excellent communication skills and working in a team environment
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
* 5+ years experience in railroad projects
* MS in Civil Engineering preferred
* Experience working with AREMA's Manual for Railway Engineering and other railroad design specifications is a plus
* Preference given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.