AccentCare is seeking a Social Worker-I to join our team of professionals. We make a difference every day to patients and families coping with end of life illness in creating a center of excellence in hospice care.
The role contributes to AccentCare's mission by Provide social service counseling and guidance to facilitate the maximum function and coping capacity of each patient and involved caregiver while following all policies and protocols, in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care. Provide compassionate care, advocacy, and psychoeducation from diagnosis to death through bereavement.
Positions Over Which Supervisory Responsibility is Held: None
1. Master's degree required
2. Qualifications for state-specific requirements above AccentCare minimum education standards are as follows:
AZ: Must be licensed by the state at a minimum of LMSW.
CT: Must have a minimum of a Master of Social Work (MSW) and be licensed as an LCSW in the State of
Connecticut; or have an MSW and be directly supervised by an LCSW on staff. Minimum of three years' experience
in a health care setting.
IL: Must be licensed in the state as an LSW or LCSW.
IN: Must be licensed in the state as an LSW or LCSW.
MA: Must be licensed to practice social work in the state as a Licensed Independent Practitioner of Clinical
Social Work or be a Licensed Certified Social Worker.
MI: Must be licensed in the state as an LSW, LMSW, or LCSW.
MD: Must have clinical experience in counseling and casework and be licensed by the state as an LGSW, LCSW,
NJ: Must have an approved license by the NJ Board of Social Work Examiners.
OR: Must have CSWA.
TX: Must be licensed to practice social work in the state.
WI: Must be certified/licensed in the state.
3. 1+ year experience required; 2+ years preferred
a. Palliative only does not require experience
4. Medicare/Medicaid/Insurance specialty preferred
5. Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license, and the minimum state required liability auto insurance
6. Additional Qualifications for Pre-Hospice Social Worker: Experience with coordination of insurance benefits (such
as a Medicaid Specialist) preferred
7. Commitment to AccentCare's philosophy of care, TRUE HOPE values, vision and mission statements as an exemplary
role model for all staff