To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the "Next" button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the "Posting Summary Page" by clicking on the "Next" button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
|Working Title||Admissions Counselor Contract/Regional Representatives (remote)|
|Position Number||30025277 and 30025278|
Mon-Fri 8:15-4:30 PM and select evening and weekends.
|Hours per Week||37.5|
|Months per Year||12|
|Commitment to Inclusive Excellence||
Northern Kentucky University embraces inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution.
|Purpose of Position||
NKU is hiring two 12 month Admissions Counselor positions: one position based in the Louisville, KY area and one based in the northern Cincinnati/Dayton, OH area. They will participate in recruitment efforts of all learners (freshmen, transfers, post-traditional, first-generation, low-income, underrepresented, full-time and part-time students). Will counsel students and parents about postsecondary options and recruit them to NKU including conducting individual and group information sessions and provide tours of the campus. The Counselor represents NKU at high school and college day/night programs; manages a defined recruitment territory to include (30-40) high schools, 7-10 community colleges, and 8-10 weeks of travel, develop partnerships with community agencies and groups.
1) Manage a defined recruitment territory (30-40 high schools, 7-10 community colleges, and 8-10 weeks of travel) and develop partnerships with community agencies and groups.
2) Will utilize the CRM (Client Relationship Management System) to manage their recruitment territory.
3) Counsel students and parents about postsecondary options and recruit them to NKU, assist with customer service for prospective students and respond to the Office of Admissions email accounts.
4) Conduct individual and group information sessions and provide occasional tours of campus.
5) Position will assist with all recruitment and yield initiatives for diverse and underrepresented students/families.
6) Develop key contacts in the community that support prospective students.
7) Assist with assigned recruitment and yield efforts on NKU's campus in Highland Heights, KY.
8) Plan regional recruitment and yield events.
Bachelor's Degree and one year related work experience.
Excellent communication skills and superior customer service experience. Experience and interest in working with prospective students and parents to promote higher education. Extremely detail orientated, diplomatic with an ability to exercise discretion and maintain privacy, critical thinking skills, ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, prepare and deliver professional presentations. Must have ability to make accurate and deliberate decisions in an often-high volume work environment.
Candidate must have a valid driver's license, access to transportation, be willing to travel and work required weekends and evenings and be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Candidate must have access to a quite professional work setting, expected to work out of their home, in high schools, community colleges and our partners.
|Minimum Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Preferred Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Minimum Experience||Less than 1 year|
|Job Open Date||09/20/2021|
|Job Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Is this an internal only posting?|