|Working Title||Adjunct Faculty Applicant Pool|
|Department||Political Science, Criminal Justice, and Organizational Leadership|
|Full Time or Part Time?||Part - Time|
|Commitment to Inclusive Excellence||
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
|Purpose of Position||
The Department of Political Science, Criminal Justice, and Organizational Leadership at Northern Kentucky University is seeking to create a database of potential part-time instructors who are qualified to teach courses in one or more of the following disciplines: Political Science, Criminal Justice, and Organizational Leadership.
THERE IS NOT A SPECIFIC POSITION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSTING. THIS POSTING WILL BE USED TO CREATE A DATABASE OF POTENTIAL PART-TIME FACULTY.
Teaching responsibilities involve:
1) Teaching a three-credit hour course.
2) Creating a syllabus with a timeline of classes for students.
3) Provide a meeting time for students.
4) Managing the MyNKU online grading system.
Also, under the direction of the Academic Department Chair:
* Develop and manage syllabus materials. The adjunct professor is responsible for selecting and compiling tests, assignments and/or online discussion exercises that permit measurement of performance relative to standardized learning objectives.
* Coordinate courseware and curriculum with academic department chair. The adjunct professor is responsible for reviewing any textbook and other courseware changes with the academic department chair and other full-time faculty teaching the course.
* Facilitate class instruction. The adjunct professor is responsible for teaching the assigned class in accordance with learning objectives and session plan outlines
* The adjunct professor is expected to administer evaluations of student performance based on course deliverables and course rubrics.
All course grades must be posted in MyNKU.
All applicants must have a minimum of a Master's Degree in one of the following disciplines: Political Science, Criminal Justice, and Organizational Leadership (or related fields).
Please submit your application with a cover letter, vitae, and the names of at least three professional references.
Any candidate selected for this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
|Minimum Education||Master's Degree|
|Preferred Education||Master's Degree|
|Job Open Date||09/20/2021|
|Job Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||No|