About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: General Maintenance Worker (NARA II)
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services is seeking a General Maintenance Worker in College Park, MD. Performs various general building maintenance functions in support of a variety of skilled and semi-skilled craft trades that support mechanical and electrical heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist higher-grade skilled crafts personnel engaged in the miscellaneous skilled labor related functions.
- Assisting the Crafts personnel in minor building maintenance tasks. These tasks include but are not limited to: making minor adjustment and repairs to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and sewage systems; architectural and structural building components; interior and exterior entrance doors; all door locks, windows, floors systems, roof systems, roof gutters, downspouts, window and floor coverings.
- Assist with the maintenance of site equipment and building structures.
- Performing minor touch-up painting chores consistent with preventive maintenance.
- Performing some minor preventive maintenance functions while under supervision, such as but not limited to changing filters; cleaning cooler towers, heating and cooling coils; cleaning floor drains, grease traps, roof gutters, downspouts; and changing fluorescent tubes and other light bulbs where needed.
- Inform supervisor on any deficiencies found while performing the job.
- Perform other tasks as directed by their supervisor.
- Possess practical, working experience with a variety of different skilled craft trades.
- Light Carpentry Work Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of Tools in trade.
- Be able to understand written and oral instructions to perform the work required.
- Must be fully trained in building maintenance, with a minimal on a one-year apprentice certificate.
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 75 lbs)
- Prolong, extensive or considerable standing/walking.
- Push/pull or move/lift equipment, supplies.
- Manual dexterity and mobility.
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled