About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Carpenter (NARA II)
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services is seeking a Carpenter in College Park, MD. Personnel in this position will perform various general building maintenance functions in a variety of skilled and semi-skilled craft trades to support the facilities buildings and structures requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Minor adjustment and repairs to architectural and structural building components; interior and exterior entrance doors; all door locks, windows, floors systems, roof systems, roof gutters, downspouts, window, and floor coverings.
- Minor touch-up painting consistent with preventive maintenance functions and minor repairs.
- Minor preventive maintenance functions which include, but are not limited, roof gutters, downspouts; and changing fluorescent tubes and other light bulbs where needed.
- Miscellaneous functions which include, but are not limited to assembling and disassembling "systems furniture;" removing and installing signs and picture frames; assisting in relocating furniture and computers; and performing other similar duties
- Perform maintenance of site equipment and building structure.
- Perform daily assignments as tasked.
- Report any deficiencies found in the course of performing the job.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- General knowledge in Facility Operations and Maintenance.
- Five (5) or more years' experience in maintenance and repairs on Commercial-Industrial building equipment to include but not limited to:
Painting Framing/Finish work Floor coverings
Carpentry Cabinet Installation Repair Machinery
Plumbing Door Hardware Door installation
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand Blueprints, schematics, and specifications.
- Be able to demonstrate carpentry knowledge.
- Be able to demonstrate wood working knowledge.
- Be able to demonstrate framing and finishing knowledge.
- Be able to demonstrate ability to perform minor repair machinery/mechanical equipment.
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs. / push up to 100 lbs.)
- Prolong, extensive or considerable standing/walking.
- Push/pull or move/lift equipment, supplies and parts.
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled