About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Electrician (NARA I)
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services is seeking an Electrician in Washington, DC. The individual(s) in this position will perform electrical installation, maintenance, and repair work, to include maintenance and repairs to electrical buzzer and bell circuits, lighting circuits, light fixtures, air movement fans, switches, heating and air-conditioning equipment and machinery, fire alarm systems, master clocks, rheostats, thermostats, and electrical drills, grinders, and other related electrical shop equipment. Electrical circuits include voltage up to 600 volts, 3-phase current.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installing, maintaining and repairing electrical wiring systems, related switches, distribution panels and outlet boxes, as well as a wide variety of electrical fixtures Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on all building electrical systems.
- Inspecting, maintaining, cleaning, repairing, testing, and adjusting a variety of electrical equipment, circuitry, and fixtures Maintains and repairs both utilities powered and emergency power electrical systems.
- Performing maintenance services, diagnosing systems or equipment malfunctions, and performing repairs when required Assists in electrical PM testing and maintenance to all building electrical systems, to include switch gear, PDU's, PDE's, motors, motor control centers, VFD's, emergency power and UPS.
- Interpreting and applying building plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams, and engineering drawings as needed.
- Assist Engineers and HVAC Mechanics in maintaining all mechanical and electrical systems at the site.
- Responds to tenant maintenance requests.
- Institute the corrective action and/or inform his supervisor on any deficiencies found while performing the job.
- Work at both locations, (Archives one and two) on an as-needed basis.
- Monitors electrical subcontractors in their task and provide reports when needed.
- Reviews electrical plans for building projects.
- Be available off hour for emergencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be knowledgeable of the national and local electrical codes , as well as, the composition, operation, and installation of a variety of electrical systems, circuits, equipment, and controls Three to six or more years' experience in maintenance and repairs on Commercial-Industrial building electrical equipment.
- Possess a valid Journeyman Electrical license issued by any municipality in the Washington, D.C. surrounding areas, which include any county in Maryland and Virginia, or the District of Columbia.
- Must be skilled in the use of a wide variety of test equipment such as voltmeter, ammeter, wattmeter, and ohmmeter
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand electrical drawings, schematics, and specifications.
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs / push up to 100 lbs)
- Prolong, extensive or considerable standing/walking.
- Push/pull or move/lift equipment, supplies.
- Manual dexterity and mobility.
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled