To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the "Next" button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the "Posting Summary Page" by clicking on the "Next" button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
|Working Title||Custodian - 2nd shift Main Campus|
|Department||Custodial Serv MC|
Mon - Thurs 3pm-11:30pm Fri 2:00pm-10:30pm
Sun 8AM-4:30pm Mon -Thurs 3pm-11:30pm
|Hours per Week||40|
|Months per Year||12|
|Commitment to Inclusive Excellence||
Northern Kentucky University embraces inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution.
|Purpose of Position||
To perform a wide variety of cleaning services to ensure that all areas of the campus facilities are maintained at established sanitary standards so as to provide a clean and aesthetically pleasing appearance that supports the University's educational mission.
This position is a pooled position used to collect potential applicants when a custodial opening is realized.
The exact duties of custodians may vary given their particular shift and/or building assignments.
Basic duties for classrooms include:
- emptying & cleaning waste cans;
- straightens/aligns desks;
- cleans chalkboards, whiteboards, board trays & erasers;
- cleans desks (both students' & instructor's desk), and student tables;
- vacuums carpets & mops hard surfaces;
- removes marks/graffiti from all surfaces;
- dust baseboards, window sills, bookcases, file cabinets, ledges, locker tops, & vents;
- cleans all glass partitions, mirrors, display cases, etc.
Restroom duties include:
- cleaning urinals, basins, commodes, partitions, stainless steel and chrome fixtures;
- mop floors; Stocks & restocks paper towels, toilet paper, and soap dispensers;
- cleans shower rooms to include walls, shower poles, drains, benches, & locker tops;
- cleans water fountains, wood surfaces, tile floors, stairwells and landings, wood floors, & elevator surfaces;
- cleans interior & exterior windows as deemed necessary by supervision.
Provides extra cleaning as necessary for special events.
Responds to emergency calls via radio or pager. Attends safety training sessions.
Reports malfunctioning equipment, needed supplies, security concerns, safety concerns, etc. to appropriate supervisory personnel.
Keeps work sites (custodial closets, etc) in a clean & orderly manner.
Wears assigned uniform clothing.
Complies with all policies and procedures as set forth by the University, Operations & Maintenance, and Building Services.
Performs any and all related duties as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
High school diploma or GED;
Basic computer skills;
Requires ability to perform duties using medium to heavy physical exertion on regularly recurring basis;
Requires ability to work any/all hours necessary, including weekends & outside normal working schedules, to meet the needs of the University and Operations & Maintenance Department.
Previous custodial experience and a valid driver's license preferred
|Minimum Education||High School Diploma|
|Preferred Education||High School Diploma|
|Minimum Experience||Less than 1 year|
|Job Open Date||03/10/2021|
|Job Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Is this an internal only posting?|