M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 4,500 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure, and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
|Fire Protection Technician provides high quality customer support through inspections, testing, service and maintenance of various types of life safety system under little to none supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Perform testing and inspection of water-based fire systems, fire extinguishers, fire alarm/special hazard systems and emergency lights per NFPA and local codes standards.
Identifying corrective actions necessary to bring fire protection systems and associated equipment into compliance with applicable codes and standards, provide recommendations for improving system performance and reliability, prepare accurate and timely inspection and service reports.
Communicate system performance and deficiencies to customers and to account managers for accurate and efficient quoting of recommended repairs.
Develop and maintain relationships with building owners, building managers, and other customer representatives.
Conduct on-site emergency troubleshooting and repairs.
Determine materials needed for repairs and order them.
Read blueprints and drawings.
Serve as a subject matter expert on fire protection system code requirements with property developers and owners, architects, contractors, and other County and public agencies.
Pursue and maintain industry certifications, as well as grow technical and customer service skills with active support from MCDean.
Be on rotation to respond to afterhours service calls as scheduled by supervisor.
Supervise and train crewmembers on-site.
- Must be willing to work on M.C. Dean, Inc. projects anywhere;
- Must be able to pass a background check post offer
- Must be able to pass random drug screening;
- Must have valid driver's license, good driving records to operate a MC Dean vehicle as part of this job requirement;
- Must consistently report to work on time, work well with other employees to accomplish a common goal, and maintain a safe work environment;
- Advanced troubleshooting including researching online, system manuals to resolve problems;
- Work overtime as directed by supervisor;
- Knowledge of NFPA Codes, NEC, Fire Alarm System Theory, OSHA Requirements, and Industry Standards for Fire Protection.
- MS Office Suite of products
Education & Experience or Equivalent
- 6 years of experience in Fire Protection or
- 2 years technology degree and 6 years of experience in Fire Fire Protection
- High School Diploma (required)
- NICE Inspection and Testing of Water-Based Systems II
- ICC/NAFED Certified Portable Fire Extinguisher Technician (or equivalent certification)
- Any other NICET certification is a plus
Other Desired & Contract Required Skills
- Ability to obtain US clearance.
- Above average level of attention to detail and professional work ethic.
- Commitment to excellence and a high quality of work.
- Ability to function in a controlled, effective manner under stress.
- High level of customer service.
- Strong desire to continuously increase your skill set and take on more responsibility.
- Above average communication skills with customers, other field personnel, office staff and sub-contractors
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership skills
PHISICAL AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lift at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time;
- Relocate a 12 foot stepladder without assistance;
- Work at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders;
- Walk, climb, lift, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull and reach overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools;
- Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events.
- See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.