Plan, direct, or coordinate, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation. Includes managers in specialized construction fields, such as Structural concrete.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project, such as painting or plumbing.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Direct and supervise workers.
- Develop or implement quality control programs.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Determine labor requirements for dispatching workers to construction sites.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans, using computers.
- Requisition supplies or materials to complete construction projects.
- Develop or implement environmental protection programs.
- Implement training programs on environmentally responsible building topics to update employee skills and knowledge.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with environmental regulations.
- Perform or contract others to perform prebuilding assessments, such as conceptual cost estimating, rough order of magnitude estimating, feasibility, or energy efficiency, environmental, and sustainability assessments.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card
ESI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, genetic information, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. ESI, also prohibits harassment and/or retaliation of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.