Title: Automation Tester
Term: Full Time/Permanent
Location: Metro DC
Clearance: All qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a federal Public Trust clearance.
RIVA Solutions is seeking a Automation Tester for our team to support a large IDIQ award with the United States Patent and Trademark Office in Alexandria, VA.
- Establish bidirectional, collaborative communication within program team
- Adjust resource estimations based on team velocity and changes in product owner priorities
- Use resource estimates based on point-based systems and track progress via Agile metrics
- Develop potential technical solutions to meet business needs and supports analysis of alternatives for best fit
- Evaluate technical trends/make recommendations for technology and architecture to meet business objectives
- Research on emerging technologies to support proof-of-concept capabilities and identify future solutions
- Test the functionality and performance of mission critical systems
- Bachelor's degree/higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field - Equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree
- 5 years experience as a Test Engineer
- 4+ years of experience with the creation of test cases, test suites, requirements matrices, and end-of-test reports
- 2+ years of experience with developing automated application test scripts using industry tools, including Selenium or Functional Tester
- Experience with developing automated API test scripts with industry tools using tools, including SoapUI or Postman
- Experience with contributing to the delivery of testing artifacts, including automated testing plans, performance test plans, test reports, UAT plans, and traceability matrices
- Experience with analyzing and documenting software test results
- Experience with designing, implementing, tailoring, and documenting automated test frameworks used on testing projects* Experience with software development using languages, including Java and Python
- Experience with the agile software development life cycle (SDLC) and the integration of automated testing into a CI/CD pipeline, including Git and Jenkins
- Experience with developing performance test scripts and scenarios using industry tools, including HP LoadRunner or Performance Center, JMeter, or other tools
- Experience with developing data integrity test scripts on databases, including Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Experience with tools like Selenium, JMeter, and Postman.
- Experience writing test cases from unit test level to functional, based
- Know the need for "baked-in" security Ability to manage discrepancies identified during testing and collaborate with the software development team to resolve software bugs
- Ability to set testing schedules and provide progress or status to project management and client stakeholders
- Previous experience working as a Software Engineer
- Apache JMeter
- Oracle, PostgreSQL
As required by Executive Order 14042, Federal contractor employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of employee's duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law.
RIVA Solutions, Inc. is a rapidly growing provider of information Technology and Program Support Services to the United States Federal Government. Headquartered in McLean VA, RIVA has over 500 employees in 20+ states across the US. As we continue to expand our services within Management Consulting, STEM, Cyber AI and Robotic Process Automation, we are looking for highly qualified people to join and thrive with us. VivaLaRIVA!
RIVA Solutions, Inc. is an Affirmative and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email . If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail . This email is created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.