EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Architect/Facilities Specialist
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for an Architect/Facilities Specialist in Washington, DC. Must have a current Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage logistics for relocation efforts as customers move into, out of, and within departments.
- Manage phases of reconstruction, relocations, furniture replacement purchases.
- Plan cubicle conversions, workstation redesigns, track budgets, and initiate required documents for purchases
- Conduct facility planning to make design choices and furniture choices
- Build layouts, create space and resource allocation to maximize use of limited space
- Ensure communications with vendors to acquire products and services to facilitate required building upgrades, renovations, and transitions
- Conduct market research to ensure cost estimates are within qualified spending limits prior to submitting recommendations for purchasing items and/or equipment.
- Meet with DHS Furniture vendors to strategize how they can meet furniture and design needs.
- Ensure protection of classified materials/documents from compromise, and/or theft through effective security awareness.
- Occasionally receive and transmit work order requests, conduct random and routine building checks.
- Answer calls and provide customer assistance.
- Must have a minimum of BA/BS degree and four (4) years experience or no degree and six (6) years of experience. The experience is in Facilities Management, specifically developing zoning plans, planning of open spaces, closed spaces, individual spaces, and special use spaces in support of detailed design intent efforts
- Must have an active Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI level clearance
- Must have experience with CAD
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office
- Must be able and willing to travel yearly
EMCOR Government Services requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Government Services is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled.