M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 4,500 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure, and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
SES HR Business Partner
The SES HRBP will partner with the SES and HR organization to understand the strategic direction of the company, the strategic and operational priorities of SES, and the strategic direction and priorities of HR to design and execute talent solutions that drive business performance and improve the employee experience.
Position Reporting Relationships:
Report to: HR, matrixed into SES
Those that will report to this person: All SES embedded staff
As the SES Strategic Human Resources Business Partner, you will be the trusted SES HR business advisor, responsible for working closely with SES and HR executives, line management, and other functional areas to pro-actively address business needs and/or resolve issues related to workforce development.
- Immediate and significant focus on improving the SES Talent Acquisition processes and outcomes
- Additional responsibilities, as prioritized by SES leadership and enterprise priorities. Examples include:
- Provide advice and counsel on a broad range of HR issues and challenges faced by multiple levels of managers and executives.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Drive the successful roll out of various HR programs, related to, but not limited to, compensation, rewards and recognition, employee development and career progression, performance management, and workforce optimization. This will involve understanding program design, tracking, and analyzing progress against goals, etc.
- Partner with HR on strategic initiatives, to include personal leadership and participation in initiatives, as well as the successful execution of the initiatives within SES
- Create and distribute SES HR metric reports on key HR priorities
- Actively support employee engagement activities in one or more business locations. This may include planning, organizing and/or speaking at events.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Coach leaders to improve organizational effectiveness and navigate organizational changes to advance the business
- Serve as a liaison between SES management and the Human Resources department to effectively resolve issues, implement and deploy programs, as well as adhere to company policies and mitigate risk.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree with 7-10+ years of experience or Master's degree with 5-7 years of experience.
- Experience working with management of all levels, to include first-level supervisors through to senior-level management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a professional demeanor and strong consultative skills.
- Demonstrated experience with coaching, influencing, and building effective relationships to influence decisions.
- Strong business acumen with an ability to diagnose and support data-driven decision-making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Team-player with a willingness to be hands-on with tactical duties and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience supporting a geographically dispersed workforce
- Willing to travel (up to 25%) as needed.
Commit to continued personal learning and development
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.