EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Journeyman Plumber
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Journeyman Plumber in Bethesda, MD The Plumber will provide plumbing services to include performing maintenance and repair of equipment at the Intelligence Community Campus in Bethesda Md.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles, install, maintain, and pressure test all pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, drainage, sprinkler, and gas systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Operates reamers, threading discs, sewer tapes, pipe cutters, snakes, and other plumbing equipment and hand tools.
- Provide maintenance/repair of site plumbing equipment and building structure.
- Perform the preventive maintenance of all plumbing equipment on site.
- Correct any deficiencies found while performing the job.
- Complete daily tasks as assigned.
- Journeyman's Plumbers license as well as familiarity with Facility Operations and Maintenance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an ISSA TS/SCI w/Poly
- Five (5) or more years' experience in maintenance and repairs on Commercial-Industrial building equipment to include but not limited to:
- Pipefitting Drinking fountains Gate valves
- Sprinkler systems Toilets Ball valves
- Water heaters Sinks Main water lines
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand Blueprints, schematics, and specifications.
- Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of domestic water systems
- Be able to demonstrate general practical knowledge of Building Plumbing systems.
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs / push up to 100 lbs)
- Prolong, extensive or considerable standing/walking.
- Push/pull or move/lift equipment, supplies and parts.
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled.