- Perform primary and secondary coding validation review of inpatient, outpatient, and physician office medical records per Risk Adjustment Data Validation (RADV) guidelines
- Perform intake evaluation include validity status of medical records and attestations, non-compliance issues, and other validations checks as required per RADV guidelines
- Perform Medical Record Dispute reviews per RADV guidelines
- Mediate coding decisions between the Senior and Primary Coders and give feedback to Primary Coders as appropriate
- Accurately enter data into encoder, CMS System, and other as required software using a personal computer, keyboard and/or mouse
- Follow all established processes and procedures
- Report problems to Project Director about unique record or process issues
- Maintain security and confidentiality of medical records and Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Consistently meet or exceed productivity and accuracy standards established by the customer and/or the Company
- Ability to work independently and maintain an elevated level of concentration
- Capable of consistency, speed, and accuracy of task
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret physician documentation
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of the organization, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well in a team environment, to collaborate with others, and interface with team members internal and external to the organization
- Establishes and maintains effective professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Must be able to adapt to organizational change
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexibility and ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and detail oriented
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in coding general acute hospital (inpatient and outpatient) and/or multi-specialty physician office medical records by applying ICD-9-CM/ICD-10-CM coding guidelines
- RHIA, RHIT or CCS certification required
- Experience in leading and/or supervising personnel in abstracting and ICD-9/ICD-10 coding preferred
RELI Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
RELI Group is an established and . We encourage all candidates who live in a HUBZone to apply. You can check to see if you address is located in a HUBZone by accessing the .
Vaccine for COVID-19
All RELI Group employees and contractors must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus or have an approved exemption for a doctor-verified reason or a sincerely-held religious belief. Employment with RELI Group and/or engagement with the Company as a contractor is contingent upon providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination or exemption approved by the Company.
RELI Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.