Do you have what it takes to manage a portfolio of billboard real estate? If you're a master negotiator, we have a great opportunity for you! Our Real Estate Manager is responsible for growing and maintaining Lamar's real estate portfolio, negotiating with landowners, and maintaining compliance with city/state ordinances. Our Lamar office in Lincoln, Nebraska is now hiring a new management team member to help us enhance the outdoor advertising in Lincoln, NE and the surrounding areas.
At times, this position will require daytime travel to central Nebraska.
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have been in business over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
Compensation & Benefits Overview:
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit offerings include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan options, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick time, 401K plan, and incentivized wellness programs.
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee all real estate related functions and activities necessary to profitably secure, maintain and grow the company's real estate portfolio of leased and owned properties in a manner consistent with Lamar's business practices.
Portfolio Management/Market Review
- Responsible for monitoring, tracking, and analyzing critical operational data and dates associated with numerous land lease agreements, owned properties, and other real estate assets.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining an up-to-date market abstract by identifying areas for growth or relocation of existing assets through documentation and analysis of current zoning laws that meet the criteria for permitting as required by the appropriate jurisdiction.
- Responsible for monitoring competitor activity and permitting practices.
- Collaborate with local managers to conduct strategic data analysis using monthly, quarterly and annual data reports and portfolio summaries to evaluate and ensure optimization and profitability of the real estate portfolio. This includes preparation and tracking of annual real estate budget, along with continuously identifying and developing strategies to address under-performing assets.
Active Negotiation/Purchase Process
- Responsible for strategic planning, development, and execution of lease and/or purchase strategies through operational, financial, and organizational analyses.
- Develop and maintain productive professional relationships with landowners to facilitate desired agreements and serve in a lead capacity as point of contact for negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Responsible for preparing, presenting, and negotiating agreements with landowners, their agents, or representatives for the purpose of securing new or existing real estate assets.
- Responsible for coordinating and overseeing the due diligence and purchase process for approved easement and land
- Responsible for entering, maintaining, and routinely auditing data, reports, and electronic files to ensure accurate Accounting, record-keeping, and file management within various internal software applications.
- Establish, develop, and maintain productive and professional relationships with existing and potential landowners, and serve as the main point of contact for all real estate related matters.
- Responsible for ensuring receipt, verification, and the timely processing of real estate tax invoices for company owned real and personal property.
- Responsible for monitoring, tracking, calculating and issuing monthly and/or annual percentage/overage payments and applicable Consumer Price Index (CPI) adjustments.
- Establish, develop and maintain a professional relationship with all key governmental officials and personnel vital to planning, zoning, permitting and inspections.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate record of state and local zoning ordinances and monitoring any proposed zoning applications or changes.
- Responsible for preparing, submitting, securing, renewing and maintaining all applicable governmental approvals including, but not limited to, variances, construction, vegetation, and conditional use permits associated with new or existing sign sites.
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison between internal company departments and landowners to ensure continued access to the company's signs and resolving any appearance or vegetation issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Ability to know and understand city and state codes/regulations (as applicable), related maps for all jurisdictions within the designated market area, and an understanding of the permitting and variance process for each jurisdiction.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, possessing the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands while establishing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Must have strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, etc.), web applications, and the ability to quickly and easily learn job related computer programs.
- Work requires an excellent command of the English language to correspond and communicate on a one-to-one basis using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain information, explain policies and procedures, and negotiate with lessors.
- Skill in speaking with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Must possess attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials
- Must have knowledge of basic Accounting skills and practices to ensure accurate payment distributions.
- Ability to operate within a set yearly budget.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to handle confidential information and situations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in business, real estate, or another related field.
- 5 years of experience in business, real estate, or another related field is required with a degree.
- In lieu of a bachelor's degree, 7 years of experience in business, real estate, or another related field is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in land acquisition, zoning, and land use planning is preferred.
- Current and valid driver's license is required.
- Real estate license is preferred.
- Notary license is preferred.
- Or other equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment for this position is an office however driving in the field is also required.
- The physical demands for this position include light lifting, seeing (with a focus on reading, acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision), sitting more than 50% of the time, standing, stooping, talking, turning, and
- Nights spent traveling, away from home, are less than 10%.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for clarification on why we're asking for this information!
California Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.