We seek someone who's curious and passionate about developing and executing cost-effective transportation solutions to join our Transportation team in Chino, CA or Lebanon, TN.
We are Caleres, a global footwear company with brands that fit people's lives. We are passionate about fit and living our mission of helping people feel great...feet first!
We seek people who:
- Manage end-to-end international import ocean operations to include leading competitive procurement events for import services, managing ocean and dray providers, creating visibility for import freight and managing associated freight payment activities
- Will lead a team of international logistics planners and partners with cross-functional teams to include Demand Planning, Order Management and Asia Logistics teams to deliver cost and service goals to the Caleres wholesale and retail teams
- Onboards new carriers to include EDI setup, contract administration and carrier setup
- Evaluates carrier proposals and service offerings to support peak season, providing recommendations on best service solutions to meet Caleres business needs
- Partner with Sr. Analyst to develop and maintain comprehensive provider scorecards, reviewing monthly with providers and presenting to senior transportation leaders
- Create a diverse and inclusive environment that maintains a high level of engagement and focuses on employee and team development
We seek people with these qualifications:
- BA/BS in Business, Logistics or related area, MBA a plus
- 5 + years supply chain, transportation, or logistics analytics experience preferred
- 2 + years experience in managing people including hiring, performance management, disciplinary action etc.
- Retail transportation experience developing business strategies is preferred
- Strong understanding of carrier networks and all modes of transportation, and a successful track record driving cost savings
- Advanced knowledge of logistics operations
- Strong analytical skills and project management experience preferred with proven ability to set objectives, effectively plan and identify tasks, and meet deadlines
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Tableau, etc.
- Experience building network models and analyzing network options
- Experience creating spend and network simulation models a plus
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
But most of all, we seek people who share our values and our ferocity for fit.
People passionate about their work. People who hold themselves and others accountable. People who think a $2.8 billion company should be as creative as a start-up. People driven by an insatiable curiosity. People who care about being the best, among the best.