We believe that every Team Member makes a difference at Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. (ICS). ICS is a growing, veteran owned, business with the Corporate Office located in Montgomery, Alabama. We support IT contracts for federal, state, and municipal entities as well as private industries across the U.S. and overseas. The team takes pride thriving in a company culture made of uncompromising integrity, drive to get stuff done, grit, selfless service, and excellence.
Job Details: Serve on the Sustainment East contract as a Senior Oracle Database Administrator supporting DISA operations in Mechanicsburg, PA; responsible for Database Management Systems (DBMS) which are hosted on various operating systems including UNIX, LINUX and Windows Servers residing on NIPRNet and SIPRNet networks on a 24x7x365 basis. Performs database administration in support of multiple different DBMS platforms, computing environments and associated applications. Develops functional requirements through daily interactions with customers and coordinates with the development teams on systematic enhancements or changes.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provided high-end technical DBA support within a variety of Operating Environments (OE) while also supporting/assisting software development and maintenance teams with database definition, structure, long-range requirements, operational guidelines, and security and integrity controls systems according to DoD standards and industry best practices to ensure a secure environment for server database functionality.
- Propose and implement enhancements to improve performance and reliability within the supported IT environment. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery.
- Develop policies, procedures and standards related to the use of RDBMS based resources. Assist in strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple DBMS, operating environments, and related software. Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades.
- Troubleshoot and actively work incident management responses related to RDBMS systems, related tool sets and unique customer requirements, complete proper documentation, and follow through to develop strategies, policies, procedures to design and implementation standards related to the use of unified solution resources.
- Manage full lifecycle support for DISA managed DBMS to include: initial installation and configuration of database technologies to deploy engineered system design solutions; daily operations, administration, and management of database technologies for the sustainment of database system availability, reliability, performance, and security; and 24x7x365 issue/incident response, analysis, and resolution services supporting system return to operations.
- Exercise sound independent judgement in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria associated with obtaining results under this contract; and identify upgrade needs and anticipate customer requirements by effectively planning, scheduling, and overseeing system upgrades.
- Interact with both customer and contract leadership relating complex technical issues/solutions in a manner to establish a partnership
- Improve the customer's operating environment by providing expert support while also maintaining the cybersecurity/IA posture of systems/hardware managed/administered for DISA Mission Partners' assets
- Compliance with all safety and security standards and complete all training requirements. Perform other duties/projects as assigned
- Technical Expertise
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving
- Quality Compliance
- Time and Task Management
- Communication Proficiency