M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 4,500 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure, and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Developing and implementing security policies and procedures in coordination with federal government agencies, customers, and M.C. Dean leadership. This position requires in-depth knowledge of building, accrediting, and managing secure areas (Physical Security); manages, personnel security clearances and processes and some knowledge in the following security disciplines (Industrial Security - Personnel, Operational, Technical). This position provides support for all security functions in accordance with the NISPOM, ICD's, and other applicable directives. The volume of work requires an individual with a collaborative work ethic, an ability to respond to short fused situations, a desire to continuously seek programmatic security improvement and possess flexibility to address typical and atypical customer and M.C. Dean Security objectives and deliverables.
- Possess in depth knowledge of DISS, NISS, eQIP and other security databases. In depth knowledge of the eCPRL process.
- Develop and maintain security files, security briefings, foreign travel briefings, security awareness, and various other procedures, per NISPOM, and ICD guidelines.
- Manage various project needs for services that require access to classified information/locations.
- Prepare visit authorization letters, other documentation as related to project needs.
- Provide security briefings, exit briefings, and debriefings.
- Experience writing and preparing standard operating procedure manuals.
- Manage all aspects of the security clearance process to include, but not limited to periodic re-investigations, indoctrination, fingerprinting, indoctrinations, and other processes.
- Submitting, collecting required security related paperwork processing information from employees and/or contactor personnel and enter such information into the necessary processes or systems required to support all security clearance or access programs.
- Security prescreening responsibilities including - eligibility pre-screen questionnaires, background checks, site access, vendor attestations.
- Collecting, managing, and coordinating input to customer's security processing procedures/systems when required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required security training with 3+ years of experience
- Experience in the U.S. Government, DoD, Intelligence, and Industrial Security management; practical knowledge of and experience with security databases (DISS, NISS, e-QIP, etc.).
- Possess practical knowledge of Microsoft 365.
- Must be able to relate to people very well; have strong problem-solving skills; and excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Maintains proficiency in security disciplines, standards, directives, industry best practices and operational enhancements.
- Performs independently, or within a group, on any site, business unit or enterprise-level security project.
- Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Must obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
This employee will have to work at our head quarters location in Tysons, VA 1-2 times a week in support of contractual requirements, but will report to Ft. Meade office on other days.
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.