The selected candidate will be working as an Electrical Service Technician for M.C. Dean's Service & National Accounts Group. This Group operates 24/7 - 365 to support our customers and is known for being the best in class for providing The Ultimate Customer Experience. We provide World Class support and training to our team members and have a family-oriented culture with primary focus on customer satisfaction, quality and safety.
This is a regional service position that will require regular travel to cities in and around your area. You will be responsible for electrical installations, servicing basic electrical equipment and systems in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, and codes. You will be responsible for resolving the customer's electrical problems in the highest professional and safe manner. You will be expected to present yourself in a clean and professional manner at all times.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, conduit, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with electrical equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Installing, testing, troubleshooting, and maintaining, EMS systems, smart breakers, electronic controls, devices, panels, sensors, and components.
- Inspecting installation sites and studying work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
- Testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures using test devices
- Diagnosing malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Directing and training workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
Qualifications / Skills Sets / Expectations:
- Five (5) years of experience working in the electrical service industry.
- Must successfully pass a background check and drug test
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Reliable Transportation
- Ability to use and translate Meter readings (meggers, phase rotation, circuit tracers, underground locators, voltage, ohm, and amp type testers)
- knowledge of current smartphone / personal tablet technology and comfortable using multiple web-based applications
- Ability to handle sales, transactions, work orders, quotes, logs, company vehicles.
- Must be committed to excellence and generate high quality work.
- Must wear OSHA approved boot length pants and a shirt that covers the shoulders by seven (7) inches.
- Must report to work on time, work well with other employees to accomplish a common goal and maintain a safe work environm
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to perform 100% of all commercial electrical service technician duties.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
Optional but preferred:
- Possess a journeyman's license or equivalent in the appropriate jurisdiction.
- OSHA 30
- NFPA 70E
- Any other relevant certification (ex. Lift and Ariel Training)
M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 4,500 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure, and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave