Join the FHLBC team!At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first - that's why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.* Medical, dental and vision insurance* Retirement program (401k and Pension)* Generous PTO plan* 10 paid holidays per year* Work from home options* Casual dress code
We are actively seeking anexperienced Senior Insurance Credit Analystto support the Financial Institutions Credit team in Chicago through underwriting and analysis of insurance companies.
The Senior Insurance Credit Analyst will take on significant responsibility for setting credit requirements for the Bank's portfolio of insurance companies including supporting the Bank's mission critical models for insurance companies and the associated policies and processes.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Perform analysis on and recommend approval for new and/or continuing borrowers.
- Perform quarterly credit analysis and risk rating of borrowers.
- Recommend credit and collateral terms for insurance companies.
- Work with Relationship Managers and borrowers on risk mitigation strategies and structures.
- Develop and support internal models for assessing credit risk and assigning risk ratings.
- Develop and support credit underwriting standards for borrowers.
- Monitor economic trends and regulatory developments and their impact on borrowers.
- Report to regulators, senior management, and Credit Committee.
- Work with IT on credit systems and with other teams in the Bank on strategic projects.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or other business-related discipline. MBA or other Master's level degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in credit underwriting of financial institutions with a focus on insurance companies.
Key Skills/Knowledge/Abilities/Behaviors Required:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (written, oral, and listening) are required.
- Strong analytic abilities, including credit underwriting experience and the ability to manipulate large data sets.
- At ease working within a team-based environment.
- Time management and an ability to display initiative are necessary.
- Must be self-directed with high energy level.
- MS Office products.
- SNL Financial experience preferred.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago (FHLBC) is committed to diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organization, from the employees we hire to the programs, institutions, and businesses we support. The FHLBC is dedicated to providing equal employment and contracting opportunities, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.