Are you an experienced diesel shop mechanic? Are you willing to get your hands dirty as part of the maintenance team? Are you safety-focused with the ability to build a culture of safety? If so, AND, you have excellent communication skills, we want to hear from you!
For a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking an experienced Diesel Shop Mechanic to perform and monitor vehicle inspections and light to moderate truck and agricultural equipment repairs and maintenance. The prime function of the shop mechanic is to carry out preventative maintenance and repair.
*Bonus to be paid after 90 days of successful service. Current & previous employees not eligible.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural or production operations (strongly preferred)
- Knowledge and/or experience with trucks and heavy equipment (required)
- Experience with Small engine pump repair a plus
- Ability to bend and lift boxes and bags to 65 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- 2 or more years of work experience in operation, repair, and maintenance of equipment, both diesel and gasoline type engines and hydraulic equipment
- Working knowledge of safety practices and procedures while making mechanical repairs
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed, ability to create effective working relationships with employees; ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Is capable of performing commercial motor vehicle inspections as outlined in CFR 49 part 393 and Appendix G within the FMCSA because of experience, training, or both, and qualifies in one of the following categories:
- Successfully completed an apprenticeship program sponsored or approved by the state
- has a certificate that qualifies the applicant to perform commercial vehicle safety inspections.
- Have a combination of training or experience totaling at least one year in participation in a truck manufacturer-sponsored training program, commercial training program, as a mechanic inspector in a motor carrier maintenance program, or as a mechanic or inspector in truck maintenance at a commercial garage, fleet leasing company or similar facility.
Key Personal Attributes:
- Versatile, flexible, with a willingness to do what needs to be done
- Present professional image to customers through personal appearance and overall branch cleanliness
- Excellent interpersonal communications with customers and fellow employees
- Willingness and desire to work overtime hours during busy seasons
- Ability to work and contribute to a team approach with a positive attitude and outlook
- Effective multi-tasker
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables:
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of small engines, both gas and diesel, and including hydraulic equipment
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of commercial motor vehicles, mobile equipment such as forklifts and front end loaders, and company light-duty vehicles and pick-up trucks
- Repairs fractional-horsepower gasoline and/or diesel engines using tools, hand tools, etc., appropriate for the repair work needed
- Locates causes of trouble, dismantles engines, and examines parts for defects
- Performs preventative maintenance work, such as checking oil and fluid levels on all equipment, replaces or repairs parts, such as rings and bearings, to avoid unnecessary repairs and down-time in the field
- Maintains inventory records on repairs made, parts ordered, and parts inventory
- Service equipment as required to ensure proper working condition when leaving the shop
- Fabricate parts and equipment as required to meet shop and function needs
- Perform safety inspections on equipment
- Starts repaired engines and listen to sounds to test performance
- Cleans the shop and work area as necessary to maintain a safe work environment
- Make use of all standard office equipment; Computer software and programs, Fax machines, copier machines, etc. to effectively perform all aspects of position responsibilities
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in all company, Government, and equipment related safety requirements and as directed in the employee handbook
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); pension plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition, LLC is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, and is a marketer and distributor of value-added feed ingredients in North America and Asia-Pacific. Wilbur Ellis provides feed solutions to our customers and suppliers in the Livestock, Pet Food, and Aquaculture Industries. Providing a complete supply chain, including logistics, warehousing, and customer service, in addition to expertise in import/export and regulatory, sets Wilbur-Ellis apart from our competitors. We understand the importance of providing on-time delivery of specified products and honoring our suppliers' and customers' commitments.
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals, and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed 100 years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry's best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
diesel shop mechanic buhl idaho ag diesel shop mechanic buhl idaho ag diesel shop mechanic buhl idaho ag diesel shop mechanic buhl idaho ag diesel shop mechanic buhl idaho ag diesel shop mechanic buhl idaho ag diesel shop mechanic buhl idaho ag diesel shop mechanic buhl idaho ag diesel shop mechanic buhl idaho ag diesel shop mechanic buhl idaho ag diesel shop mechanic buhl idaho ag diesel shop mechanic buhl idaho ag diesel shop mechanic buhl idaho ag diesel shop mechanic