When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
As a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) in the Payment Card Industry (PCI) you will provide assessments and consulting to Verizon clients. You will be responsible for leading and delivering PCI engagements for Verizon customers.
This tele-work position may on occasion require travel to Verizon, customer, vendor and/or other locations (potentially, globally) and/or work to be performed outside normal business hours for interviews and validation of physical and technical controls that are expected to protect credit card data (cardholder data). At times, you may be the lead on a project with peers or junior consultants supporting you. The work done every day makes a difference in the lives of people around us at work and at play.
- Identifying, collecting, organizing, and reviewing pertinent evidence across multiple platforms and applications to determine compliance with relevant PCI DSS controls.
- Scheduling and leading technical interviews with various customer groups and subject matter experts.
- Providing reports and metrics to clients on gaps, remediation efforts, clarifications, etc. with customers.
- Acting as the subject matter expert to answer questions and educate customers about the PCI DSS.
- Strong experience working with Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, GRC tools, etc.
- Writing detailed technical reports and supporting documentation for the customer and the card brands.
- Creating and presenting executive reports across multiple organization leadership levels.
- Developing executive presentations or status communications for multiple organization roles.
- Providing direction and mentorship to junior PCI consultants.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Cyber/Information Systems/Information Security or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of experience as a Qualified Security Assessor actively performing PCI assessments and/or remediation engagements.
- One or more year of experience in EACH of the following security disciplines (experience may be acquired concurrently-for example, if the role involved experience in multiple disciplines at the same time): Application security, Information systems security, Network security, IT security auditing, Information security risk assessment or risk management.
- One Information Security and one audit certifications from the following: Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified ISO 27001 Lead Implementer.
- One Audit certification from the following: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), GIAC Systems and Network Auditor (GSNA), Certified ISO 27001, Lead Auditor, Internal Auditor, International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- One or more additional active PCI certifications from the following: 3DS Assessor, Card Production Security Assessor (CPSA), Payment Application Qualified Assessor (PA-DSS QSA), Point-to-Point Encryption Qualified Security Assessor (P2PE QSA), Payment Application Point-to-Point Encryption Qualified Security Assessor (P2PE PA-QSA), Qualified PIN Assessor (QPA), Secure Software Lifecycle Assessor (SLC), Software Security Framework Assessor (SSF), PCI Forensic Investigator (PFI).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or in collaboration environments to meet delivery obligations.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Effective presentation skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our page to learn more.