Registered Nurse (RN) Coordinator of Quality Management and Clinical Services
Baldwin Ave, Temple City, California 91780
Who are we looking for? YOU. We want team members that operate with integrity, are reliable, enjoy doing a good job and get excited about impacting the lives of others.
Who are we? We are Elwyn. We are the leader in education, treatment, and support services to children and adults with autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and related behavioral health challenges.
What do we offer? We offer excellent health/wellness benefits, generous time-off, paid training, retirement benefits, career growth and a safe work environment (PPE).
POSITION SUMMARY: The Coordinator of Quality Management and Clinical Services provides leadership development, manages clinical operations, and coordinates care in conjunction with the Regional Directors throughout our residential facilities. This position develops quality improvement initiatives, ensuring compliance with patient care quality; ensures the delivery of quality services to individuals in residential community living services are in compliance with industry best practice, external, and internal treatment criteria or standards through the direction of a comprehensive quality improvement program; develops and provides training in quality improvement procedures in conjunction with Elwyn corporate guidelines and outcome-based measures for all employees and consultants; and designs, develops, and facilitates quality improvement safety policies and procedures with guidance from the Elwyn Corporate Compliance, Risk Management, and Corporate Quality Improvement departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Coordinates, integrates, and implements comprehensive quality improvement studies including planning, data collection, analysis, and reporting on program objectives; data collection and analysis of family satisfaction and consumer satisfaction, including complaints/suggestions/concerns and incident reporting; and admission process and discharges
* Develops, reviews, and revises policies and procedures related to quality improvement, program objectives, and nursing-related procedures as appropriate or required
* Designs, coordinates, and provides in-service training to support compliance, program development and thorough understanding of Adult Residential Facility for Persons with Special Health Care Needs (ARFPSHN) legislation, Title 17, and Title 22 regulations
* Develops, delivers, and oversees education and training of subject matter including, but not limited to, the Health Insurance Protection and Accountability Act (HIPAA); infection control, airborne pathogens; needle stick prevention; Occupational and Safety and Health Act (OSHA); and client abuse, neglect, and rights violation reporting for all clinical and direct care staff to ensure consistency in the delivery of program services
* Monitors program compliance with quality improvement standards, including but not limited to Title 17, Title 22 and Life Safety Regulations
* Facilitates the facility survey process using the Comprehensive Internal Review (CIR) tool with the Program Administrator and reviews it with the Regional Director
* Assumes a leadership role in maintaining survey readiness in assigned areas and functions as the nursing lead
* Assists with the preparation, presentation, and the development of Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) through tasks including, but not limited to, writing new policies, procedures, protocols, and trainings based on the subject matter of the CAP
* Organizes and assists the Program Administrators through collaboration and written communication in the task of monitoring readiness and preparedness for inspection of all programs
* Communicates on an on-going basis to Program Administrators, Regional Directors, and the Vice President regarding findings and other issues important to the operations of their respective programs including but not limited to findings related to internal and external reviews to enhance the quality of services that meet or exceed regulatory requirements
* Practices prescribed philosophy, purpose, policies, and best practice standards in direct care delivery to instill a culture of best practice / evidence-based practice, bring consistency to the medical / nursing care delivered, and achieve and exceed the standard of nursing and clinical care
* Monitors nursing compliance through operational and clinical audits monitoring nursing documentation for accuracy, thoroughness, and overall compliance, reporting audit results to regional directors
* Leads the infection control process to ensure health and safety of residents when an individual supported has or may have an infectious disease by collaborating with the Regional Directors and the Vice President
* Reviews medically complicated, high acuity cases with the objective of providing guidance and support to the nursing team / house staff while promoting the supported individual's well-being
* Performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), safe crisis management, and medication administration using agency-trained protocols
* Builds and maintains relationships with external medical/clinical providers and local health systems to promote care collaboration between Elwyn and external providers by attending workgroups or becoming a member of professional associations
* Facilitates care coordination, as needed, should challenges arise between Elwyn and external providers
* Functions as a clinical resource and nursing expert for families, individuals, and the interdisciplinary team by responding to individual requests
* Maintains compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations laws, standards, and protocols
* Collaborates with the regional directors to review critical incidents that involve health services
* Participates in policy decisions that affect nursing care by being a member of the Elwyn corporate committees that address nursing care issues
* Co-chairs California Quality Improvement Committee
* Actively participates in other committees as assigned
* Partners with Corporate Information Technology Department (IT) to facilitate adoption of an electronic health record and electronic medication administration record to ensure improved quality
* Manages the relationship Elwyn California has with the pharmacies Elwyn California uses
* Performs other related duties as required or assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Executive Director, Elwyn California
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CONTACTS: Elwyn staff, vendors, state agency representatives, regional center representatives, families/guardians/conservators, other funding and regulatory contacts
* Active, unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the State of California
* Bachelor or Masters of Science in Nursing preferred
* Must maintain clinical credentials and competencies necessary to evaluate nursing practice and ensure implementation of best practice standards of clinical nursing care
* Critical care nursing experience preferred
* Three (3) years of nursing administrative experience; experience working with the IDD population preferred
* Experience as a Nurse Trainer preferred
* Non-profit human service experience highly preferred
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage and prioritize multiple, often competing, priorities
* Demonstrated strong attention to detail, processes, and systems
* Demonstrated strong time management and organizational skills ensuring timely follow up
* Demonstrated excellent judgment with the ability to independently solve problems and make decisions with little or no need for direct supervision
* Demonstrated ability to anticipate future needed changes or identify problem areas and take effective actions
* Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
* Must be able to perform CPR and safe crisis management using agency-trained protocols
* Must possess excellent customer interaction, collaboration, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint with the capability to analyze and turn data into actionable information
* Experience using/knowledge of Electronic Health Record (EHR) / Electronic Medical Record (EMR) preferred
* Must have current, valid driver's license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience in the United States, and acceptable driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist below which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn California will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Elwyn California reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn California is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Elwyn does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, pregnancy status, medical condition, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, sexual orientation or identity, age, national origin, citizenship, handicap status, marital or family status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, military or veteran status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
#CB *MON SCADSP1
Baldwin Ave, Temple City, California 91780
Healthcare Services, Nursing, Management
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.