Are you looking to build your career in the finance and banking industry? Summit Credit Union provides an environment for relationship-building, collaboration, and resources for professional growth. In addition, get the day off on your birthday AND experience working for a top work place as voted by both Madison Magazine and WSJ. We are currently seeking a Senior Universal Banker to work out of our new Kenosha Branch.
- Collaborates and advises members on finding the right solutions for their borrowing needs via multiple access points such as in branch, over the phone, and video appointments.
- Provides education and consultation to members on loans.
- Performs credit bureau reviews for members.
- Accurately and efficiently interview members and input loan applications.
- Extensive knowledge of all lending products.
- Calculates lending ratios accurately.
- Ensures all lending paperwork is accurately collected and processed.
- Provides deposit solutions for members.
- Has knowledge and advises members on all deposit products.
- Opens savings, checking, certificates, IRAs and money markets for members.
- Serves as a primary contact for new accounts and works to build relationships with all new members.
- Utilizes Synapsys for on-boarding all new members.
- Educates and assists members in other services such as debit card, online banking, mobile banking and online bill pay.
- Identifies cross-selling opportunities through member interactions.
- Makes appropriate referrals based on member needs.
- Maximizes partner relationships (Lending Advisor, Sr. Lending Advisor, MLO, SFA) to deepen member relationships.
- Educates members on other products such as Payment Protection, Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP), Mechanical Repair Coverage (MRC), and Members Auto & Home Insurance Referral Program (MAH).
- Build relationships and provides financial education through the use of cooperative values and excellent member service.
- Meets with members and solidifies long-term relationships through use of rapport-building, mentor phrasing and thoughtful questions.
- Consistently utilizes Consultative Communication Skills in all member interactions.
- Identify member's goals and help them improve their financial lives.
- Actively participates in member outbound calling activities.
- Balances the benefit to both the members and the credit union in all interactions.
- Provides excellent member service.
- Coach the Member Service Teller by observing their member interactions and providing feedback on the referrals they are sending.
- Utilizes service recovery when applicable.
- Educate members about convenience service options such as online banking, mobile banking, and ATM access.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year as Universal Banker (preferred).
- Have or be able to attain a Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) number.
- Two years retail financial experience or working in a sales environment, previous lending experience preferred. Will consider higher education in finance/business/marketing in lieu of experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of basic business math, including ability to perform dividend, interest, payoff, equity and certificate penalty calculations.
- Working knowledge of deposit accounts and loan products.
- Ability to hear, assimilate and solve problems quickly, using a member service approach.
- Ability to adapt to changing job responsibilities quickly and effectively.
- Voted top work place both by Madison Magazine and WSJ
- Excellent health insurance
- 401K with match
- Student loan pay back
- Tuition reimbursement
- Birthday PTO
- Paid volunteer time
- And more
At Summit we cover more ground, give more back and have more fun. Come be a part of something bigger!
At Summit Credit Union, we are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. We embrace diversity and believe that inclusion is critical to our success as a credit union. Different makes us better. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.