Position: Source Emission Testing Consultant / Air Quality Scientist 1
Industry: Science Technical
Location: Novi, MI
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Source Emission Testing Consultant:
Why you'll love working for us:
- Coordinating source testing with clients.
- Executing source test plans.
- Equipment calibration and maintenance.
- Processing and tabulating field data.
- Documenting field observations.
- Report preparation.
- Actively develop your own career growth.
What we're looking for:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 900+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team, or apply directly at .
- BS in Environmental Science, Engineering, or other related field
- 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Experience with stack testing methods, including wet methods and analyzers, preferred
- Wet methods: EPA 1 to 5, 23, 26A, 29, 202
- Analyzers: EPA 3A, 6C, 7E, 10, 25A
- EPA 18
- QSTI a plus. Otherwise, must be capable of obtaining certification.
- Ability to lift/carry heavy equipment ~50 lb.
- Ability to climb several flights of stairs/ladders, work at heights.
- Willing to travel 50% of time
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Capable analytical thinker, proficient worker with minimal direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skillsability to communicate technical information clearly, and brief others concisely, factually, and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - must work well in a team environment.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills - ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated individual with high standards for professionalism
- Valid driver's license, good driving history and reliable transportation are required.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.